Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two UFC 168 Drug Tests Come Back Inconclusive, B Samples Being Tested

Dennis Siver points to new trainer for failed drug test
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/26...iled-drug-test
    While the NAC has yet to hand the 35-year-old Siver (22-9) a formal punishment or fine, Siver recently released a statement in German to groundandpound.de. The translated statement is below:

Today I would like to issue a public statement and give my fans and supporters the opportunity to form their own opinion on how the alleged doping allegations against me came about.

Last fall, my coach Niko Sulenta was diagnosed with severe cancer, which lead to me being on my own during the preparations for a UFC fight for the first time, without me being able to draw on his longstanding care and advice. Niko has always been essential to my weight reduction.

So prior to UFC 168 I had to hire an external personal trainer and nutritionist to support me with making weight. The nutritionist recommended me a new diet method from the US, which had been successfully used by the stars.

Thereupon I asked, if I, as a competitive professional athlete, could safely use this supplement. This was confirmed to me. Then I committed the fatal mistake of not making sure through the UFC if individual substances from the supplement could have effects on the drug tests.

I flew to the US and won my fight. I was all the more shocked when the result of the A sample was deemed ’inconclusive’ and I was hoping for the result of the B sample. They found a small component of hCG in my urine sample – a minor ingredient of the diet preparation and a substance which is banned in the UFC.

I do not want to blame anyone for this result and I take full responsibility for my gullible and careless behavior. It was my mistake and it was grossly negligent. But I distance myself from any kind of doping. In my previous sixteen UFC fights, not even the smallest banned substance has been detected. This makes the current events all the more disappointing and shocking for me and my team.

The good ole "I didn't know what I was putting into my body" routine.

He takes "full responsibility" but in the same statement mentions that it was a new coach and nutritionist and the old coach had severe cancer.....hmmmm.

When a guy who used to fight at welterweight and was absolutely shredded at LW, then makes it down to 145 and is popped for a "gonadal hormone", that doesn't sound like a mistaken supplement or something that was tainted or something where there was an ignorance regarding its legality with something to do with a "new diet".

Calling shenanigans on this one.

Just can't trust those damn Germans
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Do you guys want to make some statements about Blacks, Mexicans or Chinese people while you are at it?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Just can't trust those damn Germans
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Wow, what a surprise. A Russian combat fighter essentially getting popped for steroids. Not since Ivan Drago's failed test, after fighting Rocky, has such a thing blatantly occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Do you guys want to make some statements about Blacks, Mexicans or Chinese people while you are at it?
    Oh god, calm down.

Blacks are lazy, Mexicans beat their wives, and Chinese people cant drive.

There, you happy?

edit: I shouldnt even have to put this but just in case; ^ thats a joke. I know some people have a hard time distinguishing between jokes and serious comments on this board.

I was kidding too, but if someone had posted the same thing about certain groups, people would have flipped out.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Oh god, calm down.

Blacks are lazy, Mexicans beat their wives, and Chinese people cant drive.

There, you happy?

edit: I shouldnt even have to put this but just in case; ^ thats a joke. I know some people have a hard time distinguishing between jokes and serious comments on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Not really. Telling a joke is like sex. You can't force it in there and beat people over the head with it. You have to let it happen naturally. Light some candles, play some Barry White or Al Green. Get people IN the mood for the joke, know what I mean? Seduce people with your humor, don't force it on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Not really. Telling a joke is like sex. You can't force it in there and beat people over the head with it. You have to let it happen naturally. Light some candles, play some Barry White or Al Green. Get people IN the mood for the joke, know what I mean? Seduce people with your humor, don't force it on them.
    Fuck that! Give it to them caveman style!

Meh I believe more fighters have screwed up taking stuff from GNC, than those who have actually used the real shit. JMO
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Meh I believe more fighters have screwed up taking stuff from GNC, than those who have actually used the real shit. JMO
    I agree. The people taking the real shit probably rarely get caught.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information