+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunt & Schaub unofficially agree to fight

Default Hunt & Schaub unofficially agree to fight

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...gree-to-fight/
    Sometimes fighters like to make Joe Silva's job easy and agree to fights in the media or even on Twitter. Tonight a big heavyweight fight between Mark Hunt and Brendan Schaub was agreed to, so we'll see if the UFC makes it happen:

Schaub’s manager, Lex McMahon of Alchemist Management, told UFC Tonight that his client wants a big fight in his next outing and would like to face Hunt in a main event or co-main event bout. Schaub (10-3) last fought at UFC 165 on Sept. 21, 2013 where he defeated Matt Mitrione by first round submission.

Hunt, who is ranked eighth in the heavyweight division, said that he feels a fight with Schaub would be a step backwards but wasn’t opposed to the match-up.

“If he wants to go to sleep first, sure, why not,” Hunt told UFC Tonight.

Hunt has gone 0-1-1 in his last two fights, a fight against Schaub would be a nice rebound for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Hunt has gone 0-1-1 in his last two fights, a fight against Schaub would be a nice rebound for him.
    True, but that 1 loss was against JDS for a #1 contender spot. And the draw was against a top 5 HW coming off a loss to the champ. Schaub is hardly a top 10, so I agree it is a step backwards, but should be an easy win for him. If Roy Nelson found Schaub's skull, Hunt should as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    True, but that 1 loss was against JDS for a #1 contender spot. And the draw was against a top 5 HW coming off a loss to the champ. Schaub is hardly a top 10, so I agree it is a step backwards, but should be an easy win for him. If Roy Nelson found Schaub's skull, Hunt should as well.
    It's definitely a step back, but they want to build him back up for a fight with AO or Frank Mir. Don't get it twisted, Hunt is still only 1 or 2 wins away from a title shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

This fight would consist of Hunt hitting Schaub, and Schaub hitting the canvas. End of story.

Poor poor Schaub, glad I don't care for him lol

Good fight for Hunt, I do not see Schaub doing much in the way of putting Hunt in danger. If Schaub puts Hunt on his back and can keep him there....maybe but I just do not see Schaub being able to do that.
    "Victims aren't we all"

"Give them Nothing but take from them Everything"

"Good Humor is like premature ejaculation, you don't plan it, it just comes to you"

That's one KO in the making...

WAR Hunt!

9. Default

I like Hunt and would love to see a brutal beat down of Schaub, never liked his atitude. I see Hunt having some issues with Scaubs speed in trying to finish him.

I predict (and hope for because I don't like him) another one of these

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information