Thread: White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

Threaded View

Default White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

White: Alexander Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White today (March 8, 2014) confirmed that Alexander Gustafsson would move on to fight the winner of Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira, who battle for "Bones'" belt in the main event of UFC 172 on April 26, 2014 in Baltimore, Maryland.

White made the announcement at the UFC Fight Night 37 post-fight press conference
    Jon Jones suggests a fight between Alexander Gustafsson and Daniel Cormier for number one contender

Current champion Jon Jones, who's scheduled to fight Glover Teixeira at UFC 172 in April, has another idea in mind:

Why not give the winner of Alexander and DC the winner of myself and Glover??
    — Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) March 9, 2014

Call me what you want but I can't be the only person who thinks that makes perfect sense
    — Jon Bones Jones (@JonnyBones) March 9, 2014
    For his part, Cormier says he's ready for that fight:

@JonnyBones I would fight @AlexTheMauler to earn shot if @ufc wants me to. Sadly i don't think ur gonna get away w/o fightin both of us DC
    — Daniel Cormier (@dc_mma) March 9, 2014
    Perfect sense! Jon Jones reacts to Alexander Gustafsson win, wants him to fight Daniel Cormier (not him) next

His argument (via Twitter.com):

"Why not give the winner of Alexander and [Daniel Cormier] the winner of myself and Glover?? Call me what you want but I can't be the only person who thinks that makes perfect sense. I see DC congratulating Alexander and making comments about waiting his turn now. I wonder if they're afraid to fight each other? People who don't like to think are quick to call me afraid. Think about it, I'm asking for the meanest of the two would you face winner of Phil vs Anthony?
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 03-08-2014 at 11:15 PM.

Thread Information