"Why not give the winner of Alexander and [Daniel Cormier] the winner of myself and Glover?? Call me what you want but I can't be the only person who thinks that makes perfect sense. I see DC congratulating Alexander and making comments about waiting his turn now. I wonder if they're afraid to fight each other? People who don't like to think are quick to call me afraid. Think about it, I'm asking for the meanest of the two would you face winner of Phil vs Anthony?
Because the division needs to go on with the title being on the line. Currently, we have many guys out there deserving of fighting for the title. We can't just wait for the meanest out of everyone to emerge and knock all the contenders out. This would be terrible match-making.

And afraid to fight each other? That makes absolutely no sense. Dana White clearly mentioned that if Gus wins, he would get the title shot. Once Gus won, he called out Jones, who's supposed to be the baddest man in the division. Why the hell would he call out DC who's ranked below him?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
I dont get it... Does Jones want some time off? If so, just say so, Jones would be deserving of a slower schedule in 2014. If not, I dont get it.. What would he like to do for the rest of 2014 while he waits around for the Goose DC fight to happen, the winner to recoup, and prep for a title shot?

Also, in one breath he claims DC is not worthy of a top contender spot, in the next he says he thinks DC should fight for the number one contender spot?
Exactly. I don't understand what Jones is doing with all of this talk. Every comment he makes regarding "undeserving" challengers makes him look bad, his opponent look bad and hurts the promotion of these fights. He calls himself a "business man", but he lacks the understanding of how to promote the business to enhance revenue.

and finally, Jones has to realize that he isn't Joe Silva. Fight the guy who is most deserving at that time. Did you see GSP complaining about Hardy deserving the shot (who at that time was the most deserving guy)?