Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

Jones needs to shut the hell up and just fight. He has proven multiple times over and over again how he has absolutely no sense at all when it comes to handling PR. This disrectful kid has coasted this far by his ridicilous size advantage, constant eye poking and dirty moves and got beat up quite badly the first time he did not have that advantage on his side and is only holding onto the belt because biased/bad refs. And now he is doing his best to duck every possible contender with his stupid comments. Man up, grow some balls and show some respect and you might get some back.
    Hopefully Texeira sends Jon crying home and to face some "cans" before getting a rematch. Maybe that would humble him just a little bit.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Quote Originally Posted by Flou View Post
    Jones needs to shut the hell up and just fight. He has proven multiple times over and over again how he has absolutely no sense at all when it comes to handling PR. This disrectful kid has coasted this far by his ridicilous size advantage, constant eye poking and dirty moves and got beat up quite badly the first time he did not have that advantage on his side and is only holding onto the belt because biased/bad refs. And now he is doing his best to duck every possible contender with his stupid comments. Man up, grow some balls and show some respect and you might get some back.
    Hopefully Texeira sends Jon crying home and to face some "cans" before getting a rematch. Maybe that would humble him just a little bit.
    Jones beat Gus fair and square, it was a razor-close decision but he still won, not because of biased refs, whatever that means.

Though I agree Jones sounds bad right now. He's not winning any new fans with this kind of talk, it makes him look scared.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Really already? If you thought someone wasn't deserving etc you would just go out there and beat them up.

Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    Jones beat Gus fair and square, it was a razor-close decision but he still won, not because of biased refs, whatever that means.
    I didn't get the biased ref thing either

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    I didn't get the biased ref thing either
    I assumed it was referring to eye pokes.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I assumed it was referring to eye pokes.
    That as well as the decision I thought they got wrong. But seriously the guy must have the most eye pokes / warnings about his fingers in the UFC's history and yet they never take away any points.
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

Jones is acting like a little girl doing everything he can to avoid the toughest fighters.
    He knows that both Gus and Cormier and very dangerous opponents, so what a better idea than to make themselves fight eachother so at least he doesn't have to face one of them?

He is the champion and he should fight whoever UFC decides. He is not in a position to chose opponents.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

So how long before we hear about a Gus/Cormier match up for the number 1 contender spot?

I think Dana might cave and give the crybaby what he wants.

I think Jones will have to "injure" himself in training for Gus/Cormier to happen. Gus getting the remtach or winner of JOnes/Tex let's Cormier get another possible LHW win to make him the next contender. This makes sense to me anyway. Cormier vs Gus makes no fucking sense, you eliminate options with that match and they are not at the same position in the division. Gus has been there longer and obviously has done more. Cormier only gets a title shot if injuries occur.

DFW: Cormier fights winner of Gustafsson vs. champ
    According to UFC president Dana White, the light heavyweight title bouts are set for a ways out.

At the UFN 37 media scrum on Saturday, White confirmed that Alexander Gustafsson would get the winner of champion Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira at UFC 172 in April.

Now White says that the winner of that fight will face Daniel Cormier.
    Matt @FantasyMoneyMan
    Yeah i know, that was a fill in fighter..i get it. We just wanna see him vs a real UFC top 205er. Top 5 guy..you'll get it done

Dana White @danawhite
    u will see him against the winner of Jones/Glover vs Gus

Thread Information