+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    but what Im saying is if the Jones we've seen since the Machida fight were to fight the Machida we've seen since that fight, it ends very differently.
    ah, the Machida who won a split decision against Hendo, lost to phil davis, and beat Munoz and Mousasi (who would both lose in devastating fashion to Bones) makes you think he will beat the guy who hasnt lost to anyone since he fought Machida and only tested once in 4 fights since.

As for why Machida moved to 185? I think the answer to that is pretty evident.. His turn-down of a short notice fight, and Jones' complaining about Machida "not selling enough ppvs" greatly limited Lyoto's chances for a championship fight at 205.
    So technically one could argue Machida avoided Jones by turning down the fight he was offered, then running to 185.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    First Jones was ducking Evans, so he fought Rampage and Machida (smashing them both). Then Jones smashed Evans, Sonnen, & Vitor; afterwards, he states intrest in fkghting Gustoffson and people said he was trying to duck Machida (Gus wasnt ready, bla bla bla).

Jones and Gus have an amazing close fight but Jones was victorious (much to the dismay of haters). Instead of instantly rematching, Jones expressed intrest in fighting Glover (whom people were hyping up tremendously prior till). Now Jones is ducking Gus, and Glover has no chance...

Meanwhile, Cormier drops down to LHW after 2 increadibly lackluster fights in the UFC, beats a non top 10 ranked lhw opponent and asks for a titleshot; yet, Jones is trying to duck him to..

Jones is such a pussy...
    Word.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 04-15-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

In before 7 pages of People ripping on Jones. Oh wait...
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

When you try to discredit all of your potential opponents, and complain about every fight that is brought up, you're gonna get labels. Those labels include such things as "scared", and "he's ducking (insert name here)". Deserved or not, it's gonna happen. If a girl is always talking about all the dudes she wants to bang, she's gonna get labeled as a slut, even if she is a virgin.*

*In this analogy Bones is the virgin, DC, Machida, and Goose are the dudes, and dismissing them as potential opponents is banging them.**

**I think that's right. Maybe it wasn't the best analogy.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Everybody has their own opinions and reasons for their actions. You guys simply want to believe his opinions are caracters flaws. Jones has many flaws, being scared to fight somebody definitely isnt one of them.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Everybody has their own opinions and reasons for their actions. You guys simply want to believe his opinions are caracters flaws. Jones has many flaws, being scared to fight somebody definitely isnt one of them.
    I don't think Bones is scared to fight anybody. I think he says a ton of stuff that seems super immature/insecure, another words he doesn't do himself any favors. I want to like Bones, I have a ridiculous amount in common with him. He should be my favorite fighter, but he just says so much stuff that makes him look terrible.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    The wins at HW mean nothing when it comes to the 205 belt. He was a contender at HW and refused to fight the champion and moved down weight, thus moving him to the back of the line. The fights at HW are irrelevant now that he is a LHW fighter.

If bones moved up to HW would everyone be cool with him getting a title shot with a win against say shawn jordan (who would be a bigger win than pat cummings for DC)? Of course not.
    The difference is, it is easier to fight guys smaller than your natural weight class than it is to fight those in a higher weight class.

Dominating at HW and then moving down successfully to LHW is more impressive than a 'large' LHW dominating those smaller than him before moving up to HW.

Or at least in my eyes it is.

which would proceed with these boards lighting up with so much butt hurt its not even funny. Someone would argue his run at LHW and how long he has been champion as to why he is getting it and people would say its not enough because LHW fights dont mean shit at HW....yet when that argument works in a fighter they likes favor all is well in the world.
    I would have no problem with Jones (hopefully after beating Tex, Goose and if still in the mix DC) moving up to HW and getting either a title shot or a fight that a win results in a title shot.

ah, the Machida who won a split decision against Hendo, lost to phil davis, and beat Munoz and Mousasi (who would both lose in devastating fashion to Bones) makes you think he will beat the guy who hasnt lost to anyone since he fought Machida and only tested once in 4 fights since.

So technically one could argue Machida avoided Jones by turning down the fight he was offered, then running to 185.

Word.
    He did avoid Jones plain and simple. He turned down the fight and then moved to a different weight class. That is definitely avoidance in my book.

Interesting interpretations of history in this thread. Believe whatever gets you through the days, boys.

But lets play devil's advocate here: Say Jones moves up to HW, and gets an immediate title shot, or a title shot over beating an unranked fighter. Faced with the prospect of facing, which statement that Velasquez might say would be more becoming of a champion:

a) OMG, he shouldn't get a shot, he hasn't beaten anyone, he should have to fight the #1 contender first

or

b) sure. He's a great fighter. Tell me where and when, and I'll be there.

I don't hate Jones, not by a long shot. I think he's young, gifted, and if he continues to improve, could be the greatest fighter the sport has seen. But he's not doing himself any favors in the PR department. He could simply content himself to let his performances speak for him. He doesn't. He's a very verbal fighter, with a lot of opinions that are doing nothing to build his brand or his legacy. If he even faced new contenders with the same enthusiasm he faced the middleweights he's fought, even that would be an improvement.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Default Jon Jones calls 'homosexuality a sin' and other homophobic remarks on Instagram

Classy.

Edit: if true. Anyone follow him on Instagram? Is that his real account?
    Last edited by Goremire; 04-15-2014 at 10:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information