Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    It's times like these that I wish I was the champion of something, just to prove you wrong.
    Not saying its completely impossible but just doesn't make sense lol.

Btw his manager Malik Kawaii already confirmed he lost his phone and someone else is using his account.

I could see the whole "I'm the champ, I want to fight the true number one contender!" Argument a little bit better if somebody was getting skipped over, but that's the opposite of what's happening. By having basically his next 3 fight planned out, he gets all of the top contenders. He wants them to beat each other up, there is no positive spin to that. Who is getting screwed over in all of this? Is there anybody, besides Gus and Glover, that has some amazing streak, that DC is jumping? DC was a top heavyweight, he won one at 205, and is still 3rd in line. If he stays inactive, there is a good chance he'll get passed by somebody. People are acting as if DC is about to fight for the belt, but he is right about where he should be. The best is gonna get to fight the best, and than another of the best, and then another. I don't see the problem with that.

Edit: Take a look at the 205 rankings on the UFC page. The people ranked ahead of DC are Rashad, Phil Davis, Gus, and Glover. Two of those guys will get a title fight before DC. One of the others has already fought the champ, but both could still over take DC for 3rd in line, if they went on impressive streaks in the year, at least, before the 3rd title fight happens. Does anybody think Rashad or Davis are getting screwed out of a title fight, with their current resume? Hendo and Shogun are the two behind DC. Considering that Shogun just lost to Hendo, let's take him out of this conversation. I'm the biggest Hendo fan there is, and I say he needs another win or two to jump DC. Anybody else getting screwed? Anybody think Bader is getting screwed? Sonnen? They have Vitor ranked 11th for fucks sake. The talent pool just isn't that deep.
    Last edited by The Donosaur; 04-16-2014 at 08:27 AM.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I could see the whole "I'm the champ, I want to fight the true number one contender!" Argument a little bit better if somebody was getting skipped over, but that's the opposite of what's happening. By having basically his next 3 fight planned out, he gets all of the top contenders. He wants them to beat each other up, there is no positive spin to that. Who is getting screwed over in all of this? Is there anybody, besides Gus and Glover, that has some amazing streak, that DC is jumping? DC was a top heavyweight, he won one at 205, and is still 3rd in line. If he stays inactive, there is a good chance he'll get passed by somebody. People are acting as if DC is about to fight for the belt, but he is right about where he should be. The best is gonna get to fight the best, and than another of the best, and then another. I don't see the problem with that.

Imma DC fan and I think he needs another fight or two at least before a title shot. Jones just wants his toughest match ups to eliminate each other so he doesn't have to worry about too many of those and he can pick another Glover over another deserving fighter.

I remember him saying how Glover wasn't ready for a shot but once they started talking about the Gus rematch, all of a sudden Glover was ready for his shot lol. I didn't even agree with the rematch although I thought Gus won the fight but im tired of them using almost any reason to make rematches.

Jones needs to just shut up and fight who they put in front of him, plain and simple. You're not Joe Silva, you're the LHW Champ so act like it.

Cain didn't cry about Bigfoot or JDS rematches. Machida didn't cry over the Shogun rematch. So stop crying

Edit: Just saw your rep comment lol. Have to spread more rep before I can rep u back tho

I think he'll need a pretty big win to keep his spot, but if at this moment, Glover and Gus ran away together to open a bakery, I'd have DC fill in.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I don't agree with that. He's stated he would be happy to see the second-best fight the third-best so he only has to fight one of them, instead of creating a succession of potential fights for the future.

I think he wants to cash checks more than he wants to fight.

Which is certainly understandable, but doesn't jibe with your statement.

rh
    I would say from his perspective seeing number two fight number three is seeing the best fight the best, as he is number one and he already has a fight lined up.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    I would say from his perspective seeing number two fight number three is seeing the best fight the best, as he is number one and he already has a fight lined up.
    That could potentially make sense if the division was stacked, and there was someone waiting in the wings.

There isn't. He's not even fighting the best when he's fighting Tex, not even by zuffa's own rankings. Don't get me wrong--Bones has beaten some great fighters, but this will be the third fight he's taken as champ where he's not facing the #1 contender.

Instead, you've got Goose waiting while Bones fights Glover, even though Tex is ranked beneath him. Jones felt the need to talk about Goose fighting Jimi, but Goose didn't complain about the middleweights, or about Tex. That is an illustration of where not talking is more admirable than talking, at least to me.

I get it that Jones fights whomever is in front of him. I get that it's hard keeping your mouth shut when someone asks you a question, particularly when that person is probably an MMA hack who couldn't write his way out of a paper bag. I can even get that it is probably irksome making millions while your boss makes tens of millions off of your effort, and while an athlete at your level in boxing or a mainstream sport would be making tens of millions.

I'm seriously not hating on Jones.

But I simply don't see him as wanting to fight the best. I don't blame him for it, and I'm not equipped or inclined to judge his character. But I can't get over the fact that it would be awesome to have a vocal champ that just responded "Line em up and I'll fight them all" instead of playing armchair matchmaker.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Yeah, I would say it was hacked too if I posted something I later realized I could get in trouble for...

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I don't usually buy into the "my phone/twitter/facebook/etc was hacked" excuse, but I believe his phone was hacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I don't usually buy into the "my phone/twitter/facebook/etc was hacked" excuse, but I believe his phone was hacked.
    It happens all the time - especially with twitter. Ive had friends who are obviously no where close to jones' fame have theirs hacked and have viruses sent to their entire following list and shit.

Thread Information