Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 233

Thread: White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

  1. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    Why does it need to be a big deal if any fighter is gay or has a problem with a gay fighter? I understand it may come up if a male fighter thanks his husband for his love, and support, but why does it need to be a big deal? The same goes for having a problem with homosexuality, why does it matter? Just because he may have gotten hacked, doesn't mean he has to like homosexuality. He doesn't have to publicly endorse it to prove that it wasn't him that was using slurs.

    Does anybody remember that TUF had a guy that did gay porn?
    USA! USA! USA!

    Stealing is wrong!

  2. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post

    Does anybody remember that TUF had a guy that did gay porn?
    Dakota Cochrane or something along those lines.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 04-17-2014 at 02:19 PM.

  3. #113
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Dakota Cochrane so some shit.
    Yeah, that's him. I don't understand the rest of your post though, sorry buddy.

    My thing is that the UFC is ready for any kind of fighter, if they are good enough to be in the UFC. In my opinion though, it's disrespectful to every person/group involved to break it down to that level. What if there is a gay male on the UFC roster, and they aren't comfortable with coming out, because they don't want the media shit storm that will come with it, or personal reasons? What if there are no gay male fighters that are UFC level. It's just disrespectful, in my opinion, to make it sound like "Is the UFC ready for a gay fighter? Yes? Ok, let's go get one because it's that simple.". It's like people think there's a farm of elite pro athletes just waiting for the sport to be "ready". There's more to it than that.
    USA! USA! USA!

    Stealing is wrong!

  4. #114
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    The only reason I could see it being smart for him to say no comment is if he disagrees with it.

    How would it be bad PR for him to say, yes, I think the UFC is ready for an openly gay male fighter. I think everyone should be accepted in society and given a fair chance to pursue their passions and goals. ?



    I get the double standard you mentioned about gay females vs gay males.

    As for competing against or training wtih a gay male, lets hope not all fighters are as narrow minded as Big Nog. Females who join male fight teams have to deal with this same issue (grappling with someone who might be sexually attracted to you) all the time in mma. If they can be professional about it, I think the guys should be able to as well.

    Did Jake Shields feel any heat or resistance from other fighters when those pictures came out of him sitting on that guys lap and all that? I know some ignorant fans ate it up..
    I disagree, if he said he doesn't have a problem with it then it would be front page news and would be widely talked about. By saying no comment he it is just mentioned in a thread within a thread on a hardcore fan mma message board.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  5. #115
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    My thing is that the UFC is ready for any kind of fighter, if they are good enough to be in the UFC. In my opinion though, it's disrespectful to every person/group involved to break it down to that level. What if there is a gay male on the UFC roster, and they aren't comfortable with coming out, because they don't want the media shit storm that will come with it, or personal reasons? What if there are no gay male fighters that are UFC level. It's just disrespectful, in my opinion, to make it sound like "Is the UFC ready for a gay fighter? Yes? Ok, let's go get one because it's that simple.". It's like people think there's a farm of elite pro athletes just waiting for the sport to be "ready". There's more to it than that.
    Nick Newell? Hes not even a gay athlete and the UFC wants no business with the media storm that would come with signing him

  6. #116
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I disagree, if he said he doesn't have a problem with it then it would be front page news and would be widely talked about. By saying no comment he it is just mentioned in a thread within a thread on a hardcore fan mma message board.
    Someone saying they dont have a problem with gay athletes and stating they think the UFC would be ready for one is not front page news... And if it was front page news, maybe it would improve Jon's public image.

  7. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    california
    Posts
    2,992

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Someone saying they dont have a problem with gay athletes and stating they think the UFC would be ready for one is not front page news... And if it was front page news, maybe it would improve Jon's public image.
    Jones is a religious guy, no? So maybe he sees it as a sin but feels its best to not say anything rather than get backlash like the duck dynasty dude did.

  8. #118
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Jones is a religious guy, no? So maybe he sees it as a sin but feels its best to not say anything rather than get backlash like the duck dynasty dude did.
    Which was my original point, it would have made no sense for Jones to say no comment unless he felt the UFC was not ready for an openly gay male fighter.

  9. #119
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Someone saying they dont have a problem with gay athletes and stating they think the UFC would be ready for one is not front page news... And if it was front page news, maybe it would improve Jon's public image.
    I think it would lead to something being over talked about heading into his fight and that people would rip on him calling him a fake Christian.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  10. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I think it would lead to something being over talked about heading into his fight and that people would rip on him calling him a fake Christian.


    Did Jones experience a backlash when he publically stood up for Falon Fox?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •