Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

1. Default

I cringe, just a full body reaction, when I hear people bring up someone's past like that for next to no reason.

Unless I'm failing to see the connection, what does Goose's past have to do with Jones on going questionable fighting style?

I mean y'all know my background, so it just sucks for lack of a better word to have everything you do in the future not matter as your past is brought up.

Goose paid his debt, just as Jones did his for driving incident.

A guy should be celebrated for turning his life around. No one is a saint. Same goes for jones. He made a mistake with the DUI. They both did there time and are now putting there best foot forward. ODAAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I cringe, just a full body reaction, when I hear people bring up someone's past like that for next to no reason.

Unless I'm failing to see the connection, what does Goose's past have to do with Jones on going questionable fighting style?

I mean y'all know my background, so it just sucks for lack of a better word to have everything you do in the future not matter as your past is brought up.

Well said. What they're doing is the textbook definition of trolling and borderline fighter bashing.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

You're right. I said that to see the reaction of the people who prey on every little thing fighters do, have done, or don't do. It is not fighter bashing though at all.

If a fighter people like does something wrong, it's whatever, they turned their life around, good job, good for them. If a fighter people don't like does anything wrong, past or present, he's terrible.

I am certainly not one to judge anyone for their past. I have only myself to look at. Good for him that he's turned himself around. I have made terrible mistakes in the past just like others. However, the past is never erased or forgotten for anyone in the eyes of many others.

Imagine if Jon Jones was known for assaulting men and/or women as a youth? The fans that already hate him would want his head on the chopping block.
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 04-30-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    You're right. I said that to see the reaction of the people who prey on every little thing fighters do, have done, or don't do. It is not fighter bashing though at all.

If a fighter people like does something wrong, it's whatever, they turned their life around, good job, good for them. If a fighter people don't like does anything wrong, past or present, he's terrible.

I am certainly not one to judge anyone for their past. I have only myself to look at. Good for him that he's turned himself around. I have made terrible mistakes in the past just like others. However, the past is never erased or forgotten for anyone in the eyes of many others.

Imagine if Jon Jones was known for assaulting men and/or women as a youth? The fans that already hate him would want his head on the chopping block.
    I honestly think people would care much less if Jones was arrested as a teenager than they do about his attitude, him saying he's not one of those guys to ever get a DUI then crash a car while drunk a month later, and bragging about how he used to report kids to the principal for smoking weed.

I don't like talking about it without a source, but from what I remember reading elsewhere about Alex, these assault charges weren't as a young teenager, but at 17-18 I think? So 5-6 years ago? But like I said, it could all be bullshit for all I know without facts or proof.

And no, dude, if Jones ever assaulted innocent people at any age, he would called to be crucified by the same people who can't stand his every move. Only because he's the champion and how successful he is I think.

By the way!

I would be willing to partake in name, av, and sig bets with the upcoming rematch between Bones and Gusta with anyone here. Who wants it?
    Last edited by m1ckeykn0x; 04-30-2014 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    I don't like talking about it without a source, but from what I remember reading elsewhere about Alex, these assault charges weren't as a young teenager, but at 17-18 I think? So 5-6 years ago? But like I said, it could all be bullshit for all I know without facts or proof.

And no, dude, if Jones ever assaulted innocent people at any age, he would called to be crucified by the same people who can't stand his every move. Only because he's the champion and how successful he is I think.

By the way!

I would be willing to partake in name, av, and sig bets with the upcoming rematch between Bones and Gusta with anyone here. Who wants it?
    No I just ran a google search, he was 15. He spent 15 months in jail so by the time he was sentenced and released he was probably about 17.

I missed this before:
    Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    I thought Jones showed good head movement against Glover, a noticeable improvement from his last fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Agreed I noticed that as well there were a few spots there where he showed good head movement ducking under some of Glover's punches
    Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Jones' boxing, and per others' points head movement, looked tremendously improved. .
    I don't hate Glover, but he doesn't have great handspeed. Fighting someone quick and who isn't facing an 8+" reach disadvantage will be a better barometer.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Gotta love how celebrities get off scot-free while others would get years in jail for the same crime.

Thread Information