Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

That's the dream, Riv. That's the dream.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    It happens all the time - especially with twitter. Ive had friends who are obviously no where close to jones' fame have theirs hacked and have viruses sent to their entire following list and shit.
    Check out my profile. You won't believe how much weight I lost using this one little trick!
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Check out my profile. You won't believe how much weight I lost using this one little trick!
    OMG!! Someone is posting pictures of you, can you believe it?? Check it out by clicking the link!

OMG!! Someone is posting pictures of you, can you believe it?? Check it out by clicking the link!
    HAHAHAHAHAHA yesss I was gonna post that. Also get a lot of hacked people claiming someone is talking shit about me in a blog and click the link to see it.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

White: Jones was hacked

White also addressed the unfortunate posts that appeared on Jon Jones Instagram account on Tuesday.

"He got hacked," said White. "Originally when I found out he was saying he was being hacked, I was like, what, are we all going to say stupid stuff and then say [we were hacked]? If you look at his timeline he rarely ever posts anything or responds on Instagram. He got hacked. It happened. They got in there, they changed his password. Like 11 people had his password that surrounded him. We got that squashed and taken care of."

Marc Raimondi ✔ @marc_raimondi
    Oddly enough, I asked Jon Jones just yesterday if he thought the UFC was ready for a gay male fighter. He preferred not to comment.
    7:37 PM - 15 Apr 2014
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 04-17-2014 at 01:46 PM.

6. 04-17-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    In all honesty, the UFC isnt ready for that at all. Not that it would be a bad thing, but it wouldnt be even close to as accepted as it was in the NBA this year.

In all honesty, the UFC isnt ready for that at all. Not that it would be a bad thing, but it wouldnt be even close to as accepted as it was in the NBA this year.
    Who isnt ready for it? The UFC or the fans?

Liz Carmouche and Jessica Andrade seem to have been accepted by both the fans and the fighters.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 04-17-2014 at 01:53 PM.

He is smart not to comment. It was a stupid, irrelevant question to ask just some schmuck journalist trying to get a story. I guarantee if he did answer whatever he said would be on espn.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Who isnt ready for it? The UFC or the fans?

Liz Carmouche and Jessica Andrade seem to have been accepted by both the fans and the fighters.
    A little of both imo. I think that because Liz and Jessica are both women it is easier for fans and fighters inside the UFC to be okay with it.

If a guy came out saying he was gay - i can see a bunch of problems getting him a fight. Hate from fans - because he is the "gay guy" would happen. You would see stupid things like "that faggot beat [insert persons favorite fighter here]" etc from ignorant fans. And then you get into other guys in the industry not wanting to accept a fight with him because hes gay. If its because of the grappling aspect or w.e i can see fighters making an issue of it.

Who knows though, i just dont think an openly gay male fighter would be accepted at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    He is smart not to comment. It was a stupid, irrelevant question to ask just some schmuck journalist trying to get a story. I guarantee if he did answer whatever he said would be on espn.
    Truuuuuu. If he comes out and says the UFC isnt ready for it - that means he hates gay people, and TMZ has a field day with it. By saying no comment, people can come to their own conclusions - which i guess could be just as bad.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 04-17-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    The only reason I could see it being smart for him to say no comment is if he disagrees with it.

How would it be bad PR for him to say, yes, I think the UFC is ready for an openly gay male fighter. I think everyone should be accepted in society and given a fair chance to pursue their passions and goals. ?

A little of both imo. I think that because Liz and Jessica are both women it is easier for fans and fighters inside the UFC to be okay with it.

If a guy came out saying he was gay - i can see a bunch of problems getting him a fight. Hate from fans - because he is the "gay guy" would happen. You would see stupid things like "that faggot beat [insert persons favorite fighter here]" etc from ignorant fans. And then you get into other guys in the industry not wanting to accept a fight with him because hes gay. If its because of the grappling aspect or w.e i can see fighters making an issue of it.

Who knows though, i just dont think an openly gay male fighter would be accepted at this time.
    I get the double standard you mentioned about gay females vs gay males.

As for competing against or training wtih a gay male, lets hope not all fighters are as narrow minded as Big Nog. Females who join male fight teams have to deal with this same issue (grappling with someone who might be sexually attracted to you) all the time in mma. If they can be professional about it, I think the guys should be able to as well.

Did Jake Shields feel any heat or resistance from other fighters when those pictures came out of him sitting on that guys lap and all that? I know some ignorant fans ate it up..

Thread Information