Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

I didn't read the article initially. I'm scrolling through the post on my phone because well I had it pulled up earlier at work. I can't see the bold type on here. I read cats statement and in no way can I figure how anyone could have thought cat was trying to speak for the board.

Sounds to me more like someone thought they were being called out and tried to defend themselves

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    I didn't read the article initially. I'm scrolling through the post on my phone because well I had it pulled up earlier at work. I can't see the bold type on here. I read cats statement and in no way can I figure how anyone could have thought cat was trying to speak for the board.

Sounds to me more like someone thought they were being called out and tried to defend themselves
    No its the opposite. I was simply making a statement and a bunch of people took it the wrong way as if I was on the attack. After re -reading what I wrote I understand why but it was one of those things where its difficult to understand the tone of what was being said because it is in text
    Last edited by IceCold48; 04-25-2014 at 08:00 PM.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

3. Default

Yeah it's interesting to now how peoples first instinct here is to bicker.

4. Default

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=108...cebook%3A+UFC&

Found a link for this on Facebook. Breaks down well just how much of an advantage Jones' reach really is.

Im not sure how to get the video link to post here, so hopefully the link I provided works.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post

Found a link for this on Facebook. Breaks down well just how much of an advantage Jones' reach really is.

Im not sure how to get the video link to post here, so hopefully the link I provided works.
    This is gonna get interesting lol

I seen that video.. Amazing how much reach and arm span Jones has and the distance he is able to cover with it.

(If the link does not work it is also posted in the pre UFC 172 thread)

Brother: Work ethic not natural talent got Jon Jones where he is
    in an interview with John Morgan, older brother Arthur explains.

“If you say Jon can’t do it, he’s going to prove you wrong,” said Arthur. “He’s a hard worker. He works for everything he’s got. It’s like that Drake song, ‘Started from the bottom, now we’re here.’ He really did. He just worked so hard, and that’s something he’s done since we were little: outwork the competition.”

“In football, he wasn’t the best player. He couldn’t catch a cold. They tried to find a position for him to play.”

“By his senior year, he got the team’s ‘Most Improved Player. He played defensive end right next to me, and it was cool to be out there with him. He finally got to start his senior year. He was always willing to prove somebody wrong.”

Arthur, who until this off-season played for the Baltimore Ravens, will be cageside in Charm City to see his brother’s latest effort. And while Teixeira may indeed prove a viable threat, Arthur insists he isn’t worried. For while his brother may not necessarily be a natural, Arthur has no doubt Jon is the greatest fighter on the planet today.

“My brother is all about professionalism,” Arthur said. “Before he fights, he feels like he knows his opponent because he watches film so much and he breaks down his opponent and visualizes the fight. He dreams about it. When he gets to the octagon, it’s easy. It’s like push-and-play on a cassette.

“Jon is different. His mind is on a whole different level.”

“My brother is all about professionalism
    This quote by Arthur made me laugh.

It is a pretty interesting video I thought. Quite a scientific approach with some good practical fight footage examples for their points. Not bad for an ESPN video.
    Agreed but with ppl like BonesKnows here this will interesting lol

8. Default

I should have known that you found that video first Cat..

Good video and interesting stuff.

I think a point few here miss though is having the psychical advantages only go so far you have to be able to actually use them.

Not every tall person is a great basketball player or any big guy is a great offensive lineman for instance

Thread Information