Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

I thought Jones showed good head movement against Glover, a noticeable improvement from his last fight.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    I thought Jones showed good head movement against Glover, a noticeable improvement from his last fight.
    Agreed I noticed that as well there were a few spots there where he showed good head movement ducking under some of Glover's punches

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    His takedown and top game were awful though.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    His takedown and top game were awful though.
    He took Glover down 3x. Knowing Glover is a blackbelt in BJJ, it didnt appear that Jones truly wanted to really engage him on the ground; instead, I believe he sought to keep glover off balance with Takedown attempts.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Jones' boxing, and per others' points head movement, looked tremendously improved. Between that and the the mimicing of famous boxers, I assumed Jones' has been obsessing about that particular skill since his fight with Goose. Jones' seems like the kind of guy to see someone use a technique against him and obsess over it to drive his next round of skill improvement.

All this talk about the hate towards Jones, I am surprised no one has yet brought up Alex's past actions....

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    All this talk about the hate towards Jones, I am surprised no one has yet brought up Alex's past actions....
    Like that one time he went seal clubbing?
    Jones Era >> Machida Era

I've been waiting for the news of Alex's past to be shed in here. Can't wait to see people's reaction on this forum or lack of.

Do the honors, Cat? Anyone want to talk about how Alex has assaulted multiple people including women when he was younger?

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    I've been waiting for the news of Alex's past to be shed in here. Can't wait to see people's reaction on this forum or lack of.

Do the honors, Cat? Anyone want to talk about how Alex has assaulted multiple people including women when he was younger?
    they will just take his word that MMA changed him for the better. And i dont even dislike Goose.

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post

I've never seen anything on him assaulting women. I do know he was in jail for a little while though when he was like 14 for getting into street fights.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information