Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 229

Thread: White: Gustafsson gets the winner of UFC 172 headliners Jon Jones vs Glover Teixeira

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    What the hell do you guys have against Glover?
    Let's just say he did an ad a few years back that made him permanently on my loathe list.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    World of Pain!
    Posts
    4,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    So hes avoiding the guy he beat, the guy he choked unconscious, and a guy with a win over pat cummings? Gotcha.
    I don't think he is avoiding anyone, but saying DC is just a guy with a win over pat cummings true if we just look at his body of work at light weight. The man has ko'd big foot for goodness sake. If JBJ went up to heavy weight and beat Cain and then dropped back down would we leave it off his body of work?

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Very far
    Posts
    9,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    So hes avoiding the guy he beat, the guy he choked unconscious, and a guy with a win over pat cummings? Gotcha.
    That guy he beat did put a pretty good beating on Jones aswell. Many people thought that Gustafsson won that fight. Jones knows that he may very well lose the second fight and is doing everything he can to avoid the fight.

    The guy he choked unconscious won the first round and has a very complicated style for anyone.

    As for Cormier, yes he is avoiding a fight against someone that beat not only Pat Cummins, but also BigFoot, Barnett, Frank Mir.
    Cormier is a great wrestler with KO power.

    He makes comments like "Oh I do not think he deserves to fight me. I think he and Cormier should fight eachother". And at the same time he has no problem accepting fight with guys that indeed do not deserve to fight him.

    It is silly, because he is the champion and his job is to defend the title against whoever UFC puts in front of him. It is not his job to pick opponents.

    I would not be surprised if he actually pulls out of the second fight with Gus.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff


  4. Default

    While I dont think Jones is afraid of any of the opponents per say, I think he is running scared from rematching fighters. Once fighters have had a taste of his reach, and style, I think he becomes a lot more beatable. I think a lot of the fighters he's verbally downplaying have much better odds of beating him in rematches. The Cormier aspect of his "matchmaking" reeks more of sour grapes then aprehension(sp), but Gus and Machida? Both of those guys I think are real threats in a rematch situation. Its too bad Machida moved down a weight class, because honestly, I think the post-Jones Machida wins a rematch within the first few exchanges.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    I don't think he is avoiding anyone, but saying DC is just a guy with a win over pat cummings true if we just look at his body of work at light weight. The man has ko'd big foot for goodness sake. If JBJ went up to heavy weight and beat Cain and then dropped back down would we leave it off his body of work?
    The wins at HW mean nothing when it comes to the 205 belt. He was a contender at HW and refused to fight the champion and moved down weight, thus moving him to the back of the line. The fights at HW are irrelevant now that he is a LHW fighter.

    If bones moved up to HW would everyone be cool with him getting a title shot with a win against say shawn jordan (who would be a bigger win than pat cummings for DC)? Of course not.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    That guy he beat did put a pretty good beating on Jones aswell. Many people thought that Gustafsson won that fight. Jones knows that he may very well lose the second fight and is doing everything he can to avoid the fight.
    But at the end of the day it doesnt matter what "many people thought" as that will never change the ACTUAL result of the fight. And Jones may very well lose to any guy he fights - but saying that, and doing that, have proved to be 2 very different things.

    The guy he choked unconscious won the first round and has a very complicated style for anyone.
    i guess arguably winning a round could be considered a success against the LHW GOAT....even though they landed the exact same amount of strikes, and virtually the same amount of strikes attempted (jones attempted 2 more strikes in the first round)

    As for Cormier, yes he is avoiding a fight against someone that beat not only Pat Cummins, but also BigFoot, Barnett, Frank Mir.
    Cormier is a great wrestler with KO power.
    refer to my post above.

    He makes comments like "Oh I do not think he deserves to fight me. I think he and Cormier should fight eachother". And at the same time he has no problem accepting fight with guys that indeed do not deserve to fight him.
    He doesnt "deserve" anything. No one "deserves" anything - you go out and you earn it. Pat cummings is not earning it.

    It is silly, because he is the champion and his job is to defend the title against whoever UFC puts in front of him. It is not his job to pick opponents.
    which is why he fought chael and vitor - because the ufc put them infront of him, and he gets shit on for taking those fights...kind of a double edged sword dont you think?

    I would not be surprised if he actually pulls out of the second fight with Gus.
    and why is that? because he doesnt want to beat him AGAIN?? Are you drinking the same stuff Phil Davis is?

    Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    While I dont think Jones is afraid of any of the opponents per say, I think he is running scared from rematching fighters. Once fighters have had a taste of his reach, and style, I think he becomes a lot more beatable. I think a lot of the fighters he's verbally downplaying have much better odds of beating him in rematches. The Cormier aspect of his "matchmaking" reeks more of sour grapes then aprehension(sp), but Gus and Machida? Both of those guys I think are real threats in a rematch situation. Its too bad Machida moved down a weight class, because honestly, I think the post-Jones Machida wins a rematch within the first few exchanges.
    With your logic wouldnt Jones be able to do the exact same thing his opponents would do and they become even more beatable based off how he could improved his gameplan that much more than he did the first time they fought? And i think Machida would be sleeping on the mat again if the rematched - and he knew it too. If machida thought he could do it wouldnt he have stayed at LHW?
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 04-15-2014 at 01:54 PM.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    If Bones moved to heavyweight, he would get an immediate title shot, whether anybody liked it or not. Dana would announce it while feverishly masterbating. His screams of "Superfight! Superfight!! SUPERFIGHT!!!" Would be heard through out the building as he came.

    Also to your point about "that's why he fought Chael and Vitor", yeah except when he refused to fight Chael. That card turned out to be great any ways though, so no harm, no foul.
    Last edited by The Donosaur; 04-15-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ont. Canada
    Posts
    2,255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    If Bones moved to heavyweight, he would get an immediate title shot, whether anybody liked it or not. Dana would announce it while feverishly masterbating. His screams of "Superfight! Superfight!! SUPERFIGHT!!!" Would be heard through out the building as he came.
    which would proceed with these boards lighting up with so much butt hurt its not even funny. Someone would argue his run at LHW and how long he has been champion as to why he is getting it and people would say its not enough because LHW fights dont mean shit at HW....yet when that argument works in a fighter they likes favor all is well in the world.

    Also to your point about "that's why he fought Chael and Vitor", yeah except when he refused to fight Chael. That card turned out to be great any ways though, so no harm, no foul.
    my only problem with Jones ever was him not taking that first Chael fight. As big of a Jones fan i am that always leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 04-15-2014 at 02:02 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    which would proceed with these boards lighting up with so much butt hurt its not even funny. Someone would argue his run at LHW and how long he has been champion as to why he is getting it and people would say its not enough because LHW fights dont mean shit at HW....yet when that argument works in a fighter they likes favor all is well in the world.
    As I always say, if the challenger doesn't truly belong there then the champ will show it.


  9. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    9,106

    Default

    First Jones was ducking Evans, so he fought Rampage and Machida (smashing them both). Then Jones smashed Evans, Sonnen, & Vitor; afterwards, he states intrest in fkghting Gustoffson and people said he was trying to duck Machida (Gus wasnt ready, bla bla bla).

    Jones and Gus have an amazing close fight but Jones was victorious (much to the dismay of haters). Instead of instantly rematching, Jones expressed intrest in fighting Glover (whom people were hyping up tremendously prior till). Now Jones is ducking Gus, and Glover has no chance...

    Meanwhile, Cormier drops down to LHW after 2 increadibly lackluster fights in the UFC, beats a non top 10 ranked lhw opponent and asks for a titleshot; yet, Jones is trying to duck him to..

    Jones is such a pussy...
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

    Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •