+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat Zingano announces UFC comeback, willing to fight Cris Cyborg in mid-to-late summe

Default Cat Zingano announces UFC comeback, willing to fight Cris Cyborg in mid-to-late summe

Cat Zingano announces UFC comeback, willing to fight Cris Cyborg in mid-to-late summer return

"Alpha" would love to have first dibs on Rousey's strap, but above all else, is a fighter. That means she's willing to face the best competition the sport has to offer. If that requires her to dispose of Justino to earn her crack at the crown, then so be it.

From her appearance on Inside MMA:

"I think a fight against Cyborg would be fun... When the time comes, I'm going to be ready, absolutely. I feel strong, I feel like I'm gonna come out ready to fight. I know Ronda had said something about maybe fighting in the end of the summer and I think that sounds pretty good to me too."

2. Default

Cat is tough, and rallied to beat Miesha, but Cyborg would beat her down especially coming off of a long lay off.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Much props to Cat, willing to do what Rousey wouldn't. But a fight against Cyborg would not be "fun" for her.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Much props to Cat, willing to do what Rousey wouldn't. But a fight against Cyborg would not be "fun" for her.
    Umm pretty sure Cat will fight her at 135 if it happens which is the same thing Ronda has said she was willing to do... so not sure how she is doing anything different

I'm a big fan of Zingano, but I think she would get mauled by Cyborg. Props to her though as many people don't voluntarily call out Cyborg.

Another reason why I enjoy Zingano, she is truly game to fight anyone. I'm with everyone else who believes that Cyborg would hurt her though.
    4 LIFE

Cat has earned the title shot. The injury already cost her coaching Ultimate Fighter. Likely Rousey wins that one but I would still like to see her get what she earned.
    never argue with a fool. people listening may not know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by classicironman View Post
    Cat has earned the title shot. The injury already cost her coaching Ultimate Fighter. Likely Rousey wins that one but I would still like to see her get what she earned.
    I think earned is one hellluva very broad and relative definition in the UFC, especially this women's division, since Zigano earning her shot is based off of ONE UFC performance, where she was dogging the first two rounds and her record up to that point wasn't really demanding a "title shot" per se.

Zigano coming off the knee injuries, year and a half long layoff AND her estranged husband's suicide...that's a lot to comeback from and immediately take a title shot. The division has gotten a slight bit deeper than when she was first awarded the shot and I think a "baby steps" approach may be best for her career at this juncture.

She's been through a lot to jump straight into such a tough match up...

Yeah, I am a fan of Cat's, and I applaud her for calling out Cyborg, but that would be an immensely tall order to fill, much more than what I would say constitutes to being a tune-up fight. She definitely deserves her shot, but not sure if it's the smartest thing to shoot for as her 1st fight back, but only she would know if she's up to that.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information