http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/10...-chris-weidman
"Iíve fought a lot of wrestlers before, and I know Weidman has a good wrestling, but Iím confident on the work Iím developing with my team," he said. "I believe in my striking game against Weidmanís wrestling. Heís complete in every aspect of the game, but Iím confident in what I do."

A win at UFC 173 would be a historic one for Machida. The Brazilian, a former light heavyweight champion, will join B.J. Penn and Randy Couture as the only fighters to win UFC belts in multiple weight classes if he beats Weidman in Las Vegas, but heís not paying attention to those stats yet.

"This is the consequence of our work. I canít focus on that," he said. "Records and numbers are cool, everybody wants that, but I try not to think about that."

"The Dragon" is the underdog against Weidman, but (again) thatís something he doesnít care.

"I donít pay attention to those things," he said. "I got to a stage in my career where Iím more focused in what Iím doing than in what people bet or what is Weidman training. Thatís what matters. The experience that I have and what Iíve done makes me more comfortable in a situation like this."