Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lyoto Machida: I believe in my striking against Chris Weidman’s wrestling

Apparently we both are For some reason I had it in my head that he fought Wandy at LHW. Good catch.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    I've never liked the saying that the challenger has to "take the belt". Whoever wins the fight wins the fight. It doesn't matter by how much or who currently holds the belt.

That being said I'll take Machida in this fight. Bad style matchup for Weidman in my opinion.
    An example that first comes to mind with that statement is Belfort vs. Couture II. Belfort technically won, but everyone knows he really didn't beat Couture that night. But if you're saying that it doesn't matter how a person wins, then by all means..

3. Default

Wouldn't that be Belfort vs Couture I? The rematch, Randy spanked him all over the octagon.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Wouldn't that be Belfort vs Couture I? The rematch, Randy spanked him all over the octagon.
    Randy lost their second fight (UFC 46) by cut, they first fought at UFC 15.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Randy whooped hi ass at UFC 15

Vitor won the LHW due to the cut over Couture's eye at UFC 46

Randy won the title back in a rematch at UFC 49
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Randy whooped hi ass at UFC 15

Vitor won the LHW due to the cut over Couture's eye at UFC 46

Randy won the title back in a rematch at UFC 49
    Vitor was defiitely the least deserving champ in UFC history.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I would say Barnett personally. They are clearly the two least deserving.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    I would say Barnett personally. They are clearly the two least deserving.
    I'd have to add Royce to the mix. UFC 1 was as close to a work as you can get without paying guys to lose. It was a tournament specifically designed to showcase GJJ, and there was never a moment Gracie wasn't going to win it, from the start, with doubts about the matchups of the second one as well. He went on to redeem himself with great fights against more legitimate challengers, but to start, his accolades weren't as sterling as people would suspect.

Hughes won the championship on what should have been an NC against Newton, that was every bit as weak as anything listed so far. Again, he went on to redeem himself, but he was choked out when he first won the belt.

Matt Serra capitalized on a mentally weak Georges, I don't really give him too much credit as well beyond being in the right place in the right time and overcoming a significant size disadvantage.

lesnar would make my top 10 worst UFC champ list as well. But that's probably another thread that hasn't been written. It's interesting how three of the least-deserving UFC champs got their title from beating Randy...

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information