Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lyoto Machida: I believe in my striking against Chris Weidman’s wrestling

1. Default

Machida runs backwards the entire time? To each their own I guess.

I assume he could just close his eyes and swing for the fences.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Just like Anderson's striking beat Weidman twice, right? I'm rooting for Chris here. Machida's "elusiveness" is way too much like back peddling to me. Tends to make for a boring fight. Sure, he has a few good knockouts to his record but for every fight like the one he has against Munoz or Bader, he's got a fight like the ones against Rampage or Tito.
    Anderson is almost 39...and Lyoto has way more impressive finishes than Edgar...who, himself point fights quite a bit. And I would say Lyoto's style has gotten more entertaining after his first handful of fights.

Condit vs Diaz was worse than those fights. Machida dropped Tito and rocked Rampage in the 3rd...which isn't easy to do. Glover landed a bunch of solid shots on Page and never seemed to really hurt him much.
    Last edited by dbader08; 03-11-2014 at 12:24 PM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

I was looking forward to Weidman fighting Belfort but Machida isn't a bad replacement. I agree with everything Lyoto says. His striking style is a lot for CW to deal with and The Dragon has handled high caliber wrestlers before. This should be a good match up.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Anderson is almost 39...and Lyoto has way more impressive finishes than Edgar...who, himself point fights quite a bit.
    Seriously? Brining up Edgar again because I said something you don't agree with about a fighter you like? How about you stay on topic and quit being a fucking troll.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Triangle View Post
    I was looking forward to Weidman fighting Belfort but Machida isn't a bad replacement. I agree with everything Lyoto says. His striking style is a lot for CW to deal with and The Dragon has handled high caliber wrestlers before. This should be a good match up.
    Machida is a good replacement and also a guy who in my opinion is probably the worst stylistic match up for Weidman in the division. Couple that with this being a "short notice" fight for Weidman, this helps Machida. Machida has awkward timing and angles and I think that will cause trouble for Weidman and of course his TDD is top notch. I said earlier in the thread and I will repeat it here. I really think Weidman is going to have to utilize his wrestling and create some clinch work on the cage to win this fight. If he doesn't we will have a new middleweight champion.

Man, Weidman's title defenses are against a series of killers: Anderson Silva, then Machida, then Vitor, then most likely Jacare.

And probably Micheal Bisping too. That fool is never more than two wins away from a title shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    And probably Micheal Bisping too. That fool is never more than two wins away from a title shot.
    I am not confident Bisping will even win his next fight.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

I'd love to see a Bisping versus -TRT Vitor. It'd be interesting to sell - Bisping has only lost to TRT users, NAC bans it, Bisping gets a chance to prove he was cheated of a victory; plus plenty of fun quotes. And in the fight, we get to see if Vitor is still as fast off his meds.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Bisping has only lost to TRT users, NAC bans it, Bisping gets a chance to prove he was cheated of a victory
    I don't think Rashad or Wanderlei used trt.. but then again Bisping is in denial about those fights.
    Last edited by initial_zen; 03-13-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Thread Information