Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva takes his first kicks [Video]

I'm big on precision. I probably already got nitpicky when I talked about "prescriptions" for weed today. They don't exist, recommendations do.

When I think of something shady, it's usually something I wouldn't do. Legality doesn't necessarily come into play, unless legality coincides with my interpretation of morality. Personally, I think huge weight-cuts are shady, particularly when fighting a much smaller opponent. But they're legal.

Would I knee check someone that was scoring low kicks? In a heartbeat.

Would you call Gonzaga headkicking CroCop out shady? It effectively ended his career.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm big on precision. I probably already got nitpicky when I talked about "prescriptions" for weed today. They don't exist, recommendations do.

When I think of something shady, it's usually something I wouldn't do. Legality doesn't necessarily come into play, unless legality coincides with my interpretation of morality. Personally, I think huge weight-cuts are shady, particularly when fighting a much smaller opponent. But they're legal.

Would I knee check someone that was scoring low kicks? In a heartbeat.

Would you call Gonzaga headkicking CroCop out shady? It effectively ended his career.

rh
    My license has my doctors name on it therefore my interpretation of it is a prescription.

Now for this matter chris trained a technique to check kicks with his knee. His trainer stated he has ended a fighters career with it. My interpretaion on the matter is chris watched footage of Anderson's kicks and like you stated lands them more with the flat part of his shins rather than the edge. You also stated that the edge is stronger than the flat part which leaves me the suspension(shadyness) that he knew it could damage more than just inflect pain. Im not saying he is a dirty fighter. He is very talented and capitalized on Anderson's mistake (and I guess poor technique).

Thats why my opinion on the check is "shady". Im not trying to get one up on ya. Just elaborating my opinion.

I value very thing you post riv. You've educated me a lot on these boards with your in depth posts. They are very knowledgeable and have tremendous thought and facts. However, like I stated it seems you vaule your opinion and your opinion only.
    Last edited by killakem1; 03-11-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Killekem and I were talking (edit on pm) and I said hell ko'ing someone could be shady. I mean with the concussion scare you could be effecting someones life down the road. Regardless they signed up to fight. They know that all legal maneuvers might be used.

Edit edit my grammar is shite
    Last edited by MIZjitsZOU; 03-11-2014 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIZjitsZOU View Post
    Killekem and I were talking (edit on pm) and I said hell ko'ing someone could be shady. I mean with the concussion scare you could be effecting down the road. Regardless they signed up to fight. They know that all legal maneuvers might be used.
    And I completely agree. When I watch the hendo/bisping, what hendo did after already laying bisping out was shady as eff (I know completely different scenarios but just a illistration). However legal since the ref wasnt there to stop the fight. What chris did was legal also but my opinion on it was shady.

I can understand your perspective, and we'd probably agree on a lot of other aspects.

Knowing Penn is somewhere on a spectrum between spiritual and superstitious and does not like to be touched by anybody during his entrance, Georges hired a guy to kiss him on the way to the cage before their rematch. Legal? Shady as fuck? In my mind it was.

I think the issue with Weidman's knee checks are that it's a direct answer for something that is going to hurt you. If you don't stop him from doing so, Anderson is going to leg kick you until you lose mobility, till you can't shoot for the TD effectively, till you can't plant to throw hard strikes. With Henderson and Georges examples...they could have won the fight without it. I don't know that Chris would have won if he'd allowed Anderson to kick him all night.

Good debate, though.

Doc's can't write scripts because organic marijuana isn't FDA approved, and can't be measured for an accurate dose. There's going to be variability in cannabinoid potency between crops, even from the same source. If he DID prescribe it, he could be sued to hell and back at this point.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I can understand your perspective, and we'd probably agree on a lot of other aspects.

Knowing Penn is somewhere on a spectrum between spiritual and superstitious and does not like to be touched by anybody during his entrance, Georges hired a guy to kiss him on the way to the cage before their rematch. Legal? Shady as fuck? In my mind it was.
    That was a joke. GSP wasn't being serious.

Riv, pulled out my OMMP (oregon medical marijuana program) handbook and yes you are correct. I interpreted it as a script due to the reason I stated that his name is on my paperwork. Really its there for referral.

However the FDA doesnt have an impact on it from what I read. They can't prescribe it due to the fact even though in oregon marijuana is a schedual 2 narcotic, the federal government classifies it as schedual 1 and thats the reasoning.
    Last edited by killakem1; 03-11-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Riv doesn't like or understand jokes.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Really? I'd never seen that.

Quote Originally Posted by killakem1 View Post
    Riv, pulled out my OMMP (oregon medical marijuana program) handbook and yes you are correct. I interpreted it as a script due to the reason I stated that his name is on my paperwork. Really its there for referral.

However the FDA doesnt have an impact on it from what I read. They can't prescribe it due to the fact even though in oregon marijuana is a schedual 2 narcotic, the federal government classifies it as schedual 1 and thats the reasoning.
    FDA approves use of morphine and other narcotics for cancer patients and others. The hold up is more the variability in potency in it's organic form. You can get Marinol in the US, because it's synthesized and that variability is eliminated.

You'll get a lot of misinformation about "oh, that evil government just hates marijuana...and if it was legalized, the revenue would totally balance our budget" kind of stuff.

Don't believe it.

The alcohol industry is so entrenched in our culture, in 2012, it's estimated to have made more then 2 billion in sales to underage drinkers alone. Alcohol is taxed, heavily. They've routinely screwed up distribution of that incredible revenue source, they'll screw up marijuana taxes once it's finally recreational approved.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Riv doesn't like or understand jokes.
    I'm sorry if you're still offended at hearing that you aren't funny.

I hope you can have a nice day, despite that devastating information.

rh

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Really? I'd never seen that.
    Yeah the video that he put out regarding the kiss of death was his weak attempt at sarcastic humour.

Thread Information