Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anderson Silva takes his first kicks [Video]

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Yeah the video that he put out regarding the kiss of death was his weak attempt at sarcastic humour.
    I have friends who are actually still angry about that. I'd never seen Georges' vid, but I'd seen the walk in when it happened.

I find that hilarious.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

I'm able to listen to and understand Georges' French interviews, and his personality comes off very different in those. He's still mostly the same at heart: respectful, self-aware, friendly, and still a bit dry. However, he's nowhere near as mechanical and uncharismatic. The fact that he's very repetitous and (what I find to be) bordering on corny and cliché is totally a product of English not being his first language.

I think people overlook this in part because his accent isn't that bad, he can usually express his thoughts without hesitating,and he seems to understand English perfectly (which is always much easier), and in part because many people don't speak a second language, so they don't quite understand.

I can communicate fine in French, I have to at work almost every day. Like Georges, I can get all my thoughts accross without struggling. However, I basically find it impossible to be funny in the same ways I natutally am (or think I am) in English.

So yes, I also always took it as Georges basically saying 'Oh yeahhhhhh I totes paid someone to kiss Penn.'
    Last edited by SWIFTboy; 03-13-2014 at 01:02 PM.

the psychological part is the most important here. Maybe he will be scared to throw kicks again. One thing is to throw them against a ball, and different thing will be to throw them at a leg
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    the psychological part is the most important here. Maybe he will be scared to throw kicks again. One thing is to throw them against a ball, and different thing will be to throw them at a leg
    Well a lot of people included experts like bas rutten have said that he threw the kick incorrectly in order tog enerate more speed. So from a psychological perspective he can view it as "ok i will move my hips in when I kick so my leg wont shatter into pieces again".

It is not as if leg kickng in general will result in that terrible injury a combiation of improper technique and a perfectly time check is what did it.

I'm sorry if you're still offended at hearing that you aren't funny.

I hope you can have a nice day, despite that devastating information.

rh
    I'm sorry that you still get butt hurt by me or anyone else for that matter busting your balls so you still whip out unfunyy sarcastic comebacks everytime.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 03-13-2014 at 06:19 PM.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

5. 03-13-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I'm sorry that you still get butt hurt by me or anyone else for that matter busting your balls so you still whip out unfunyy sarcastic comebacks everytime.
    See, this is what is pathetic about you. You do this passive aggressive shit with sniggles half the time, and it sucks.
    I'm anything but butt hurt. I'm kind of amazed that I didn't know it was a myth, but I'm comfortable admitting I was entirely wrong about it.

But you still think you're funny, and you haven't posted anything even remotely amusing in months.

And reporting Kevo and Mikeyknox for calling Baroni douche? I explained the difference between calling someone a cheater and a douche, but you were too infantile to read it, so I'll make it short and simple for you: That's a bitch move, and it needs to stop. You've been warned.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I have friends who are actually still angry about that. I'd never seen Georges' vid, but I'd seen the walk in when it happened.

I find that hilarious.

rh
    Haha. Yes, please do inform your friends about the truth. This is his attempt at sarcasm (and I totally agree with Swift regarding his inability to express his personality in the same way in English):

Lol, obviously he's joking, nice. I'd never heard that story before.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    See, this is what is pathetic about you. You do this passive aggressive shit with sniggles half the time, and it sucks.
    I'm anything but butt hurt. I'm kind of amazed that I didn't know it was a myth, but I'm comfortable admitting I was entirely wrong about it.

But you still think you're funny, and you haven't posted anything even remotely amusing in months.

And reporting Kevo and Mikeyknox for calling Baroni douche? I explained the difference between calling someone a cheater and a douche, but you were too infantile to read it, so I'll make it short and simple for you: That's a bitch move, and it needs to stop. You've been warned.

rh
    Well at least you admitted I was funny months ago also I never reported kevo.

The hell?
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The hell?
    your guess is as good as mine, maybe someone reported you and riv thought it was me haha. Either that or he is trying to stir the shit pot to start drama.

Thread Information