Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniel Cormier not waiting for UFC title shot, doesn't think champ Jones is scared

It seems like DC evokes very polarizing responses. Some folks see the other interviews and think he's a whiner, I see interviews like this and think he's a class act.

My general read is that he's a good guy who hasn't fully learned how to interact with the media. I'm hoping he does it better than Cain, because he could be a fun top character; whether he ends up the champ or a JDS-esque perennial #1.

“[Jones] is entitled to his opinion,” Cormier said. “He feels there’s work to be done, which if you ask the 10 top light heavyweights, they’d probably say the same thing: ‘Daniel needs to win another fight.’ That’s all he really said.

“Do I believe Jon Jones is afraid of me or Alexander Gustafsson? Not for a second. He’s defended that belt six times. Does he understand that right now, he’s going into the toughest three-fight stretch of his career? Probably, yes. I do believe he understands that.”
    Not a huge fan of Cormier but he certainly has talent in the ring.. lots of respect for him saying the above.

I think of few of the Jones haters on here should take note of it and be a little more objective.

I remember when Dana announced that Jon Jones would get the title shot against Shogun... I also remember "the look" on Shogun's eyes... It's hard to tell, but I guess Bones has "the look" right now with Guss and Cormier... the look of "this dude can beat me"

The eye of the tiger?
    Last edited by KevoOnTheRadio; 03-12-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginmortal View Post
    I remember when Dana announced that Jon Jones would get the title shot against Shogun... I also remember "the look" on Shogun's eyes... It's hard to tell, but I guess Bones has "the look" right now with Guss and Cormier... the look of "this dude can beat me"
    The look wasn't because he was worried about losing it was because Jones was celebrating like a child on christmas as if he had already won the title. I can't recall any fighter ever going crazy like that from simply becoming number one contender.

Shogun's face was more like "is this guy fucking serious right now?" as opposed to "this dude can beat me".
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information