Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Dana White: I know for a fact that Georges St. Pierre will return to UFC

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,134

    Default Dana White: I know for a fact that Georges St. Pierre will return to UFC

    Dana White: I know for a fact that Georges St. Pierre will return to UFC

    Now, UFC President Dana White guarantees that his former top box office draw will indeed return to the Octagon and get back to doing what he does best, and that's fight.

    And by the sound of it, "Rush's" first fight will be against the new welterweight champion who will be crowned this weekend (March 15, 2014) in Dallas, Texas, as Robbie Lawler and Johny Hendricks vie for the strap St. Pierre left behind.

    His words (via MMA Fighting):

    "I know for a fact he will (return). Is it fun for Georges St. Pierre to be gone? I mean, no, I wouldn't say that it's fun for him to be gone. But the welterweight division is exciting right now, and when Georges does come back, whoever's standing there, it will be a fun fight."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    This is shoddy journalism. No where does Dana say expects Gsp to come back and fight for the title any time soon.

    I also don't trust anything Dana says in regards to how Gsp is feeling. When rumors swirled Gsp was going to walk away qfter the Hendricks fight Dana called bullshit. After the fight he said his personal problems weren't that bad and he wasn't walking away. Last post fight scrum.he said he hadn't talked to gsp except for a text gsp sent him thanking him for his nice words in gsps mew documentary. It's obvious that Dana has no idea what is going on inside gsps head.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    This is shoddy journalism. No where does Dana say expects Gsp to come back and fight for the title any time soon.

    I also don't trust anything Dana says in regards to how Gsp is feeling. When rumors swirled Gsp was going to walk away qfter the Hendricks fight Dana called bullshit. After the fight he said his personal problems weren't that bad and he wasn't walking away. Last post fight scrum.he said he hadn't talked to gsp except for a text gsp sent him thanking him for his nice words in gsps mew documentary. It's obvious that Dana has no idea what is going on inside gsps head.
    I agree they do jump to conclusions but for the sake of ppv sales I would imagine georges would get an immediate title shot. I also agree that Dana has no fucking clue and is just talking out of his ass as usual.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,876

    Default

    I agree he would get an immediate shot. It's just no where in Dana's quote does he give a timetable for when he believes George would be back, let alone in time to challenge the winner of this weekends fight.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    I agree he would get an immediate shot. It's just no where in Dana's quote does he give a timetable for when he believes George would be back, let alone in time to challenge the winner of this weekends fight.
    I am surprised he didn't say that actually because this card will not be bought by any casuals but getting gsp's name involved might spark some interest. I do believe a large majority of the casuals will be buying this card though, unlike the last two ppv cards..
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    I really wish Dana would shut his fucking mouth up about GSP already. Dana has been an asshole towards GSP since he decided to take his sabbatical, and if I were GSP right now, and I am on the fence about coming back, after experiencing Dana's verbal diarrhea since he started his break, and now hearing this presumptuous crap, I might just say "Fuck you, Dana White, you pompous asshole, I am gone for good".

    This latest statement is really just a mild pressure tactic to get his #1 PPV earner back in the ring, which is all that GSP really means to Dana. That was clearly proven with Dana's attitude towards GSP while employed by the UFC versus taking a GSP taking a sabbatical.
    Last edited by dan the man 67; 03-14-2014 at 10:04 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,327

    Default

    I don't know man, seemed like a harmless comment. DW is a bit of douche sometimes but this is mild stuff IMO.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

    "Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    I really wish Dana would shut his fucking mouth up about GSP already. Dana has been an asshole towards GSP since he decided to take his sabbatical, and if I were GSP right now, and I am on the fence about coming back, after experiencing Dana's verbal diarrhea since he started his break, and now hearing this presumptuous crap, I might just say "Fuck you, Dana White, you pompous asshole, I am gone for good".

    This latest statement is really just a mild pressure tactic to get his #1 PPV earner back in the ring, which is all that GSP really means to Dana. That was clearly proven with Dana's attitude towards GSP while employed by the UFC versus taking a GSP taking a sabbatical.
    I was standing right there as the question was asked to Dana about GSP's return from a media member and he just answered. It's what the UFC does, they answer. The only time I've heard a UFC fighter turn down a question all week was Rousey when asked about her management issues and also Dana when they were trying to get him to reveal some info on certain subjects. They answer all they can, it's better then the NFL or NBA where half the shit is no comment.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetallicKnight3X View Post
    I was standing right there as the question was asked to Dana about GSP's return from a media member and he just answered. It's what the UFC does, they answer. The only time I've heard a UFC fighter turn down a question all week was Rousey when asked about her management issues and also Dana when they were trying to get him to reveal some info on certain subjects. They answer all they can, it's better then the NFL or NBA where half the shit is no comment.
    I can appreciate that, but that doesn't take away from him being a presumptuous prick about someone he has been running his mouth at, when that someone has made the UFC so much money and has been nothing but respectful towards them.

  10. Default

    DW is a promoter speculation draws interest. Look at Vince WWE everything out of his mouth is bs and scripted, and he could care less if liked when his pockets fill with$$$$$$$

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •