+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dana White to meet with Holly Holm over UFC 171 weekend in Dallas, Texas

Dana White 'not interested' in Holly Holm, not talking to Gina Carano
    http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/d...fscom:ufconfox
    UFC president Dana White basically ruled both those things out to UFC Tonight's Ariel Helwani on Wednesday. White said he's "not interested whatsoever" in Holm and the UFC is "not in negotiations" with Carano.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Dana White 'not interested' in Holly Holm, not talking to Gina Carano
    http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/d...fscom:ufconfox
    So then what is this big crazy news Joe ROgan is blabbering about?

3. Default

Cyyyyyyybbbboooorrrggggggg
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    So then what is this big crazy news Joe ROgan is blabbering about?
    Most likely a fight with Cat Zingano. They will play up the angel how she overcame such adversity in the past year and is now fighting in a main event for a world title.

Holly Holm already has the best striking at 135lb. With more experience and guidance from Jackson and Winkeljon, her overall game will improve. She will be harder challenge for Rousey in another year or two, as opposed to now, where she would be easily taken down and submitted by Rousey. The UFC missed out on an opportunity to give Rousey another win while they still had it.

Carano has a few hollywood movies under her belt. She has the looks and charisma to land any blockbuster action movie, for a significantly higher payday than what the UFC would offer her for a fight she is guaranteed to lose. I never imagined that she would be making a comeback.

I think Fedor has a better chance of being in the UFC than Cyborg does. I just don't EVER seeing the UFC bringing her in, especially if she can perform at 135lb and capture the title in Invicta. It will prove that she can handle the weight cut and nullify Rousey's only advantage going into the fight.

The thing with Cyborg is she will be a dominant fighter well after Rousey quits to go Hollywood. I think Rousey only has a couple more years in the sport before she is done with it. I could see them bring in Cyborg when they know Rousey is leaving to build Cyborg up.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    The thing with Cyborg is she will be a dominant fighter well after Rousey quits to go Hollywood. I think Rousey only has a couple more years in the sport before she is done with it. I could see them bring in Cyborg when they know Rousey is leaving to build Cyborg up.
    Would they have to shift everyone to the 145 pound division, or have Cyborg come into the 135? I don't understand why we can't just get a 145 division for the UFC?

She would have to make 135.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Coach: Holly Holm vs. Cris Cyborg pay-per-view fight being considered

Holm will face Juliana Werner for the Legacy FC bantamweight title just weeks after her management team met with the UFC for the first time last month. According to UFC president Dana White, that meeting didn't go well, and he is no longer interested in her services. However, the general consensus is that the idea will be revisited after Friday night's fight, especially if Holm wins.

Mike Winkeljohn, Holm's trainer of 16 years, said the plan was to have Cris Cyborg, another high-profile free agent, attend Friday night's fight, however, those plans changed following Cyborg's Muay Thai loss last week. He added that there have been preliminary talks to stage a Holm vs. Cyborg pay-per-view fight in the near future, should the UFC deal not come to fruition.

"Why do you think people tune in to boxing?" Winkeljohn said when asked if a Holm vs. Cyborg stand-alone pay-per-view could be successful. "Names. Not because Bob Arum or Don King was throwing a fight, it was all because [Mike] Tyson was fighting."

A source close to Cyborg's camp, for whatever it's worth, denied any talks of a pay-per-view fight against Holm.

Winkeljohn said it was his understanding that the UFC's initial offer was $15,000 to show and $15,000 to win. Team Holm was willing to accept that offer, however, they wanted a raise if she earned a title shot.

"We have no problem with fighting for the money they've offered us for the first couple of fights in the UFC," he said. "We just want good money to fight Ronda [Rousey] or whoever has the title at that point."

Winkeljohn said he expects Holm's manager Lenny Fresquez to engage in talks with the UFC after Friday night's fight with "a different spin."

"I think they don't want to hurt the other girls' feelings and let the world know that money has been negotiated in such a way," Winkeljohn said. "I don't blame them. They are who they are because they make all the right decisions. There are other things we can ask for. She's got such good marketability, I think she would be a good broadcaster. Hey, can you help us get to FOX to be a broadcaster? Can you help us do these things?

"There are other things we can do to make money. There are other sources for her other than a dumb little paycheck. So we might have to look at it that way."

Holm declined to discuss the UFC subject until this fight was over because she wanted to focus all her efforts on the Werner fight. A win tonight will improve the former boxing champion's MMA record to 7-0 and make her stock rise just a little more.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

I'd buy. I love Cyborg and I think she would destroy Holly Holm and Ronda.

Holm's people would be taking a major risk here. I mean, if it pays off, she can walk right into the UFC with some major league hype and bragging rights....but at this juncture in her career, I'd strongly suggest against doing this right now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information