Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dana White to meet with Holly Holm over UFC 171 weekend in Dallas, Texas

WOW that's a full break. That sucks because I want to see Ronda lose sooooo badly.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Cyborg unaware of Holly Holm PPV rumors, says she will ‘fight her anytime’

Cyborg, who is coming off a unanimous decision loss at a Muay Thai event last week, rehashed her issues with UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, stating that the undefeated star is "running" away from her.

"Ronda did an interview and she said ‘145[lb.] only for Gina [Carano]' and not for me." Cyborg told Inside MMA. "I think she is running from me. I think she is a fake fighter because when you are a true fighter you fight everyone. "

The Invicta featherweight champion also discussed the rumored PPV match-up with rising star Holly Holm. She admitted that she had not been contacted regarding the match-up, but is ready to "fight her any time."

"I didn't know anything about this [potential Holm fight]. For sure I am ready for everyone. I never choose my opponent but for sure I can fight her anytime. I'm ready. "

Cyborg also expressed her interest in a rematch with Gina Carano, whom she beat in the American's last fight to date. Considering the former Strikeforce featherweight champion has expressed some interest in a potential return to MMA, that fight could potentially become a reality.

"She showed she is a true fighter because she wants a rematch with me. Its cool. I personally want to fight her again."

And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Holly Holm focused on broken arm, not UFC fight against Ronda Rousey

She details the fallout during her appearance on the The MMA Hour:

"I'm not in any pain or anything ... we're just talking with surgeons to see what the best choice is going to be. It happened in the first round ... she threw a head kick, and I lazily threw my arm out there to block it."

Holm decided to keep quiet about her arm throughout the fight, staying calm and stormed through the injury as the bout progressed:

"I just wanted to make sure I controlled the fight as much as I could ... I was really just trying to control the pace. Just keep control."

Instead of over-hyping a match against UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey, which could be a little premature, Holm could set up a colossal pay-per-view (PPV) fight against Cristiane Justino, instead.

Her agent, Lenny Fresquez talked about inviting "Cyborg" to Holm's last fight, but remains tight-lipped about the potential offering:

"I could confirm that we invited Cris to come over to the fight, and she couldn't make it. I can't talk about other talks we've had on that. It's an option. Holly has a lot of options. She's unlike any other fighter. She has a lot of options."

The former world boxing champ is 7-0, although her challenges haven't exactly been difficult, to say the least. Holm had to deal with UFC talk while gearing up for her fight this past weekend, but she never looked past her opponent -- she just had a little extra pressure to deal with.

Despite meeting with Fresquez at UFC 171, UFC boss Dana White was unhappy with the meeting, in which MMA Hour host Ariel Helwani asked him to clear the air on the issue. Fresquez admits there was an offer in place, yet nothing is even remotely close to being official at the moment.

"We're not going to say that now ... we're going to see what the doctors say ... we're happy with Legacy, they've done great for us. We're just gonna see."

As for what he thought about White's scathing reaction?

"I really don't want to comment on that ... I can't control what Dana says. My job is to represent Holly."

Holm doesn't bite either, focusing on her arm more than anything at the moment:

"I feel like I just want to sit down, see what doors will be open and where to go from here ... I want to definitely take care of my arm first."

Promoter: Holm initially offered $15K/$15K by UFC, could bank $250K for boxing bout
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Thread Information