+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 171: Hendricks vs Lawler weigh-in - Hendricks misses weight; 2 hrs to make weight

Wow, just wow, and timely considering all the discussion we've been having on this forum regarding dangerous weight cuts. I hope Hendricks can recover in time or he is going to get hurt.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

It looked like Diego intimidated Jury. He looks in great shape and like he's going out there to kill.

Well then, this fight just increased in its interest value.
    War Diego!

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    Holy shit. I just watched the video- Hendricks' eyes looked so sunken and he was shaking horribly when trying to flex. It really seems like something is wrong.

I'm a big believer that the brain doesn't rehydrate as well or as quickly as people think; and that bad cuts take away from durability. Could be a big upset in the making!
    Yeah the shaking while flexing was kinda disturbing. What's even worse is when the commission told him to stay still, you can see him say "I'm trying to".

Well, he made weight now, so let's see if it negatively impacts him tomorrow.

He must have gone 70 % on the weight cut.......

I hope the extra 1.5 lbs does not take a toll on him in the fight. I have been at wrestling matches and I was 2 lbs over and it drained me during my matches.

As much as I would like to see Lawler win the title, I don't want to see this give Hendricks major health problems. There may be only so many times a fighter can cut so much weight to make a certain weight class.

Wow. This is a game changer. Good thing I didnt do my pick ems yet. Hopefully he hydrates and gets over this come fight time

I watched the weigh ins earlier, seen Hendricks miss weight and looked off so I put down $25 on Lawler.

Also put $20 on Deigo just for the hell of it.

No major money down but they are both underdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974
    He must have gone 70 % on the weight cut.......
    Lol. He should have shaved that beard.

He looked really rough. Before the GSP fight, I believe he said he walks around at almost 210 - that's a BIG cut, ~19% of your mass. Robbie, on the other hand, looked in great shape and has a very relaxed, positive attitude going in. My money is on Robbie.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information