+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: UFC 171: Hendricks vs Lawler weigh-in - Hendricks misses weight; 2 hrs to make weight

Nick talking shit to Hendricks was classless, rude, unnecessary, pointless, and fairly amusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Nick talking shit to Hendricks was classless, rude, unnecessary, pointless, and fairly amusing.
    Classless is right, hype wise it was great. Nick can sell a fight with Lawler due to beating and embarrassing him previously in the UFC. Hendricks now has a reason to dislike him, mention him in and interview and 'bam' the hype train is started. Either way the fight plays out tomorrow night, you know we will be hearing from Nick Diaz, like, you know what Im saying.

He's around 220lbs between fights?!? I'm ~215lbs at around 9% bf, and I could never even fathom hitting 170 - I'm no professional fighter, but still. Let's assume Hendricks is 220 at maybe 12% bodyfat between fights, and he gets down to MAYBE 6% for weigh ins (doubtful, as Hendricks isn't the leanest of guys). That only accounts for 13-14lbs, meaning he either loses a lot of muscle along with the fat during training camps, or he somehow sheds 36lbs of water! That's 17% of his total mass in water dropped. Can't be healthy.

Shields looked even worse to me than Hendricks.

I find it funny that dolce said it was temperature and nerves.....I didn't see anyone else suffering from similar. Johnny is drawn out and it is clearly not healthy.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Sheilds looked normal.

Diaz was brilliant.
    He had a camera crew on him ffs. UFC hype machine two steps ahead of the game..?

Hendricks in the Dallas Buyers club?

These guys are killing themselves just to have an edge.....but everyone talks about the dangers of PEDs and TRT. More and more fighters will have serious health problems because of this weight cut culture. I guess it's going to take a major star having a stroke or something before people wake up...
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

8. Default

They need to do like Ohio does weight in again the day of the fight. This doesn't fix but lessen it only. It would shake up the weight class's at first, but that would fade with time.

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    These guys are killing themselves just to have an edge.....but everyone talks about the dangers of PEDs and TRT. More and more fighters will have serious health problems because of this weight cut culture. I guess it's going to take a major star having a stroke or something before people wake up...
    Considering Hendricks usually makes weight no problem, don't you feel that "killing themselves to have an edge" is just a bit of a hyperbole? Can you list fighters who retired and have documented health problems from weight cutting in MMA?

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    Considering Hendricks usually makes weight no problem, don't you feel that "killing themselves to have an edge" is just a bit of a hyperbole? Can you list fighters who retired and have documented health problems from weight cutting in MMA?
    It's a fair point but I worry about the long term effects on the endocrine system. I also, perhaps selfishly, just don't enjoy that aspect of the sport. I hate when someone might have a bad performance due to a cut; it robs us of a better fight IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information