Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey willing to fight at 145 for Gina Carano – and only Gina Carano

Don't worry Rhonda, Cyborg is coming for you soon. If she makes 135 and wins the title in Invicta, it's all over.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Seriously Rhonda? Wow, does this ever totally make the women's division a fucking joke! The Champ wanting to fight someone who has been out of the sport for too long, and is in no way deserving of getting a fight with the Champ, yet will take away several months from someone who is deserving of a title shot.

This certainly confirms that she is scared of Cyborg. I hope I see the day where Cyborg gets to smash her.

Luckily for me I care very little about women's MMA so I can only laugh when hearing about such trash like this.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

4. Default

Diffenetly a low class move for $$$$$ Funny part to me is how low she has gone to get people wanting Cyborg to win.lol.

What a joke. I'm not a Rousey fan but always respected her as a competitor.

So much for that.

All I could do was smile and shake my head.

This is what you get when you let a whiney girl be champ.

Edit: Sorry wrong thread, this was meant for another Bones complaining about DC quote. Disregard it.
    USA! USA! USA!

quick question, and maybe I'm wrong but didn't Cyborg basically have a title shot lined up before she tested positive? So while I agree that what Rousey said here is silly and makes no sense, how is it anyones fault but Cyborgs that they havent fought yet?
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    quick question, and maybe I'm wrong but didn't Cyborg basically have a title shot lined up before she tested positive? So while I agree that what Rousey said here is silly and makes no sense, how is it anyones fault but Cyborgs that they havent fought yet?
    This is how it went. In November 2011, Rousey beat Julia Budd. There were no contenders at 145, so Rousey would've easily gotten a title shot after her victory, except instead of facing Cyborg (who was defending her title in December 2011), she chose to drop down to 135 lbs and challenge for Meisha's 135 lbs belt (over a more-deserving Kaufmann at the time). Although Cyborg tested positive in December 2011, Rousey already made the decision to drop down prior to that.

Fast forward a year later, Rousey was 135 lb champ and the women's division was included in the UFC. At this time, they wanted to make the Rousey and Cyborg fight but Cyborg wouldn't drop to 135 lbs and would either do 145 or a catchweight of 140.

Although the 1-year later scenario is more Cyborg's fault, as she is challenging Rousey (not the other way around), the first one was more Rousey's fault as she fled to the 135 lb division instead of challenging Cyborg. In the end, it would not have made a difference as Cyborg tested positive, but we still know what Rousey's intentions were.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    This is how it went. In November 2011, Rousey beat Julia Budd. There were no contenders at 145, so Rousey would've easily gotten a title shot after her victory, except instead of facing Cyborg (who was defending her title in December 2011), she chose to drop down to 135 lbs and challenge for Meisha's 135 lbs belt (over a more-deserving Kaufmann at the time). Although Cyborg tested positive in December 2011, Rousey already made the decision to drop down prior to that.

Fast forward a year later, Rousey was 135 lb champ and the women's division was included in the UFC. At this time, they wanted to make the Rousey and Cyborg fight but Cyborg wouldn't drop to 135 lbs and would either do 145 or a catchweight of 140.

Although the 1-year later scenario is more Cyborg's fault, as she is challenging Rousey (not the other way around), the first one was more Rousey's fault as she fled to the 135 lb division instead of challenging Cyborg. In the end, it would not have made a difference as Cyborg tested positive, but we still know what Rousey's intentions were.
    Got it,thanks for clearing that up for me. IMO it stills seems like Cyborg had a chance to go after Rousey in the UFC and blew it. I would blame SF for letting the first time slip by. In the end fighters dont make the match ups the organizations do so if they really wanted this fight to happen, it will. Agreeing to fight Gina at 145 is silly and allowing it to happen when a 145lb division doesnt exist is even sillier. I blame the UFC though not really Rousey if it happens
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Thread Information