Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey willing to fight at 145 for Gina Carano – and only Gina Carano

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Lance Armstrong was called BY THE ANTI DOPING AGENCY the most sophisticated, professional, successful doper in the history of sports. I don't think Cyborg has that distinction
    No she isn't on that level was just pointing out that passing a test is not concrete evidence that someone is clean

The difference between Carano and Cyborg, is that Cyborg has an extra 10 lbs of pounds form roids while Carano has an extra 7 lbs of breast tissue (I am not trying to be funny or sexist).

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    She would go up to fight Carano because A.) Yes, it is an easier fight than Manborg and B.) its a way bigger payday for the Carano fight.

Risk/Reward type of deal.

The fact that people hate on Rousey is why this is getting so much play. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but hasn't jones beaten almost every contender at 205 minus Glover and Hendo? Can you name any champ that has faced as stiff of competition in the same amount of time. I would argue that he was pressured into fighting his two least deserving opponents, not the other way around.

I don't see how that has anything to do with someone not being willing to go up in weight to fight someone who is clearly jacked on PEDs but being more willing to go up in weight to fight someone who is much less likely to be jacked on PEDs.

It's NOT the fact that he ducks them... it's the fact that he acts like they don't even deserve to fight him. As if fighting him is an honour, or some shit. Jones is a GREAT fighter. Unfortunately, he just comes off like an egotistical jack ass. THAT is what I don't like about him. Does he pick and choose his opponents? Yeah... kind of. Judging SOLELY on the things he has said, I believe that if it was up to him, (thank god it's not!) he would pick and choose.

Cyborg tested positive. Yes. That's true. But to say she is "clearly jacked" is speculation. And it's unfair. Because a TON of male fighters have been popped for PED's. But they seem to get the benefit of the doubt moving forward... in a way that Cyborg hasn't. It bothers me. Because I'll bet if she looked like Gina Carano everybody would be tripping over themselves to forgive and forget. WMMA is tied to appearance. That's why Rousey vs Cyborg is a NIGHTMARE for Dana! It has NOTHING to do with whether or not Cyborg deserves a shot... it has to do with marketing. And it's sad.

But what is REALLY sad is that Ronda Rousey would even SUGGEST a fight with Carano as making ANY sort of sense!

Cat Zingano is the #1 contender... and a real threat.
    Cyborg is widely considered the p4p best female... and a real threat.

So what does Ronda do?!!? Does she scream and push for a fight with EITHER top contender?!

Hell no! She stumps for a fight with a woman who RETIRED 5 YEARS AGO!!!!!

Oh yeah... that's the stuff of champions right there.

Just my two cents.

^Yeah but not a ton of women look like a jacked man, nothing about her looks natural.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    It's NOT the fact that he ducks them... it's the fact that he acts like they don't even deserve to fight him. As if fighting him is an honour, or some shit. Jones is a GREAT fighter. Unfortunately, he just comes off like an egotistical jack ass. THAT is what I don't like about him. Does he pick and choose his opponents? Yeah... kind of. Judging SOLELY on the things he has said, I believe that if it was up to him, (thank god it's not!) he would pick and choose.

Cyborg tested positive. Yes. That's true. But to say she is "clearly jacked" is speculation. And it's unfair. Because a TON of male fighters have been popped for PED's. But they seem to get the benefit of the doubt moving forward... in a way that Cyborg hasn't. It bothers me. Because I'll bet if she looked like Gina Carano everybody would be tripping over themselves to forgive and forget. WMMA is tied to appearance. That's why Rousey vs Cyborg is a NIGHTMARE for Dana! It has NOTHING to do with whether or not Cyborg deserves a shot... it has to do with marketing. And it's sad.

But what is REALLY sad is that Ronda Rousey would even SUGGEST a fight with Carano as making ANY sort of sense!

So what does Ronda do?!!? Does she scream and push for a fight with EITHER top contender?!

Just my two cents.
    Does Jones pick and choose his opponents? No. He has fought and beat everyone that has been put in front of him. Does he say talk too much about who he thinks is a worthy contender? Yeah, probably, but that doesn't effect who he actually fights.

As for Cyborg, saying she is clearly jacked is not speculation. It is fact. She is built more than a lot of men that lift a lot. Show me a woman that is built like that and she is a roider. Women aren't built like that. Just like men don't naturally gain the muscle mass that Overeem gained as a full grown adult. It isn't sexist. Anyone who has seen my posts over the past few years knows I don't give anyone a pass for cheating, man or woman. Even if it's one of my favorite fighters that get caught I don't really like them anymore.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Ppl can say what they want but its pretty obvious she doesn't wanna fight cyborg. Got caught on winstrol to help with the cut, hasn't been caught on anavar, equipoise, or other type of peds.

I agree with Tyler with the fact that she only pissed hot once and its the end of the world while the men are given passes after pissing hot (look at Barnett).

Everything else is speculation until proven otherwise. Just like I think gsp has used hgh and possibly other peds but its only speculation until he pisses hot.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Ppl can say what they want but its pretty obvious she doesn't wanna fight cyborg. Got caught on winstrol to help with the cut, hasn't been caught on anavar, equipoise, or other type of peds.

I agree with Tyler with the fact that she only pissed hot once and its the end of the world while the men are given passes after pissing hot (look at Barnett).

Everything else is speculation until proven otherwise. Just like I think gsp has used hgh and possibly other peds but its only speculation until he pisses hot.
    Your Cyborg lov is sad as my Ronda lov lol

Good'ed you and definitely agree about the looks part. But kind of just thinking, if Overreem called out Jones to fight him but didn't want to cut down to 205 to do it. People would probably be ragging on Overreem telling him to go off the horse pills and move down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post

Just my two cents.

VimyRidge... I totally agree!

It is NOT on Ronda to move UP and fight Cyborg! It's on Cyborg to make the weight.
    BUT!!!... When Ronda starts talking about what a GREAT fight it would be to move up and face Gina...
    That's when I say she is ducking. Because suddenly it's NOT about the weight... it's about the individual.
    One she's willing to fight at 45... one she's not.
    That's fishy. That's all.

She will retire before she faces Cyborg. She understands that Cyborg would fucking kill her.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information