Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey willing to fight at 145 for Gina Carano – and only Gina Carano

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Good'ed you and definitely agree about the looks part. But kind of just thinking, if Overreem called out Jones to fight him but didn't want to cut down to 205 to do it. People would probably be ragging on Overreem telling him to go off the horse pills and move down.
    Ronda was the one that called out Cyborg, when she was still trying to make a name for herself.. then she dropped down in weight to avoid the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Ronda was the one that called out Cyborg, when she was still trying to make a name for herself.. then she dropped down in weight to avoid the fight.
    She didn't drop down to "avoid" the fight you're making shit up.

Cris Cyborg: Ronda Rousey thinks Gina Carano is an easy fight
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/3/22...-an-easy-fight
    "I wasn’t surprised because I knew how tough is for Gina to go down to 135, so (this fight) would need to be a catchweight," Cyborg told MMAFighting.com.

"Gina Carano is a great athlete and I’d happy if she returns to MMA, doesn’t matter if it’s against Ronda. But she hasn’t fought since 2009. Her last fight was against me at Strikeforce, so I believe that Ronda thinks it’s such an easy fight that she would even move up. She knows that it would be different against me, especially because I already defeated Gina."

Cyborg didn’t make a prediction on who would have won a fight between Rousey and Carano, but believes that ring rust would be an important factor.

"They both are great athletes and have chances to win," she said, "but Gina Carano hasn’t fought for four years so she’s not in a good rhythm."

Cris Cyborg returns to action on March 28 in a muay thai title fight against Jorina Baars at Lion Fight in Las Vegas, Nev., but is confident that she will make her bantamweight debut in MMA this year.

"My focus now is in my 145-pound title fight at Lion Fight," Cyborg said. "I have many fights this year, and one of them will be at 135."

With a natural weight of 165 pounds, Cyborg has already changed her diet to make 135 and stay healthy to compete.

"People think that it’s just 10 pounds, but my normal weight is 165 pounds of muscle with 4% of body fat," she said. "Losing muscle is a hard job, but I’m working to lose weight and be prepared (to fight).

"Obviously, I’m changing my diet and training. Nothing is impossible for God. My job is to work hard and do my best, dedicate in training and in my new diet. The rest is consequence."

Anderson Silva Believes Dana White Owes The Fans Rousey vs. Cyborg
    http://www.lowkickmma.com/UFC/anders...he_fans_302251
    In an interview with Combate Silva put it as such:

“I believe this fight needs to happen. The Ronda is a great fighter. But Cris has 90 % chance of winning the round. She trains hard and has all the features and appropriate techniques to win the round. This fight needs to happen, because Dana White owes it to the audience; the UFC.”

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    Yup. All that big talk and when she got her title shot at 145 she decided to cash it in at 135. She knows what she's been doing lol. Like she also knows Dana will never let the fight happen so she talks shit knowing dhe will probably never have to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    She didn't drop down to "avoid" the fight you're making shit up.
    Yes she did.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

I would imagine she dropped weight to fight at a more optimal weight class. If she avoided getting her ass beat by a cheater that's an added bonus.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    Yes she did.
    No the title fight at 135lbs was available before a fight with Cyborg was, then Cyborg failed her drug test and she was striped of the title......the rest is history.

Wow Rouseys got the bollocks to call out Cain, Floydmayweather, and Gina who won't come out of retirement to fight some brat. Basically people she'll never have to fight. Yet she won't address Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Triangle View Post
    Wow Rouseys got the bollocks to call out Cain, Floydmayweather, and Gina who won't come out of retirement to fight some brat. Basically people she'll never have to fight. Yet she won't address Cyborg.
    Yep
    USA! USA! USA!

Thread Information