+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 170

Thread: Ronda Rousey willing to fight at 145 for Gina Carano – and only Gina Carano

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    Good thing the champ decides who they fight. I really hope Mighty Mouse Johnson respects me enough to not worry about my 0-0 record, my being more than double his weight, my need of the use of a weapon in a fight against him (to give me any chance to win), and my lack of being signed by the UFC. It's his choice after all.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!


  2. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,776

    Default

    There's no way the fight will be for the title, because there's no way Gina is getting down to 135 pounds. She damn near had to cut a leg off to make 145.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  3. #103
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    The fact that the division is already thin on challengers is proof that the division shouldn't exist. I think for a division to exist, there should be a 8 person tournament. That tournament should take about a year. When the finals take place, the semifinal losers should fight, BOOM! you have your first challenger. During the first title defense, the tournament finals loser should fight either the #1 contenders fight loser, or by that time maybe somebody that lost in the first round of the tournament has went on a winning streak, and they could fight, either way, POW! You got your 2nd title defense. At some point during the tournament, have a season of TUF for that weight class, and put the winner against the person with the longest winning streak at the weight class, KAZOOM! I just mapped out 2 freaking year, at least, for a new weight class. You're welcome, UFC!
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!


  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    There's no way the fight will be for the title, because there's no way Gina is getting down to 135 pounds. She damn near had to cut a leg off to make 145.
    I'm not so sure. She's getting paid more as an actress and can afford better nutritionists now, the fight is essentially on her schedule whenever she wants to take it, and weight cutting has changed completely in the 5 years since she fought.

    Yes, she struggled in the past--to make EXC's 140lb weight, most notably--but that was then, this is now. If she takes six months to do it right, I could easily see it happening.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm not so sure. She's getting paid more as an actress and can afford better nutritionists now, the fight is essentially on her schedule whenever she wants to take it, and weight cutting has changed completely in the 5 years since she fought.

    Yes, she struggled in the past--to make EXC's 140lb weight, most notably--but that was then, this is now. If she takes six months to do it right, I could easily see it happening.

    rh
    This, but also it doesn't really matter. If she agreed to come to the UFC, they'd make the fight happen regardless of her weight.
    NWO 4 Lyfe!!!


  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,776

    Default

    They'll create an entire 145 lb division, and have Rousey/Carano fight for the title. That way if Rousey wins she can be the first fighter to have two UFC titles at the same time. And they still won't sign Cyborg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.



  7. #107
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,884

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    They'll create an entire 145 lb division, and have Rousey/Carano fight for the title. That way if Rousey wins she can be the first fighter to have two UFC titles at the same time. And they still won't sign Cyborg.
    Then she's going to move over and take the mens 135lb title being the 1st ever to hold 3 titles and be mens and women champ (and they still won't sign Cyborg hehe)........

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Then she's going to move over and take the mens 135lb title being the 1st ever to hold 3 titles and be mens and women champ (and they still won't sign Cyborg hehe)........
    Not really. I don't think anyone is taking Barao's title any time soon lol

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,480

    Default

    White: I'm 'very confident' Carano will come back

    Carano herself admitted in a late night interview that she was considering it, but not only that, had a meeting scheduled with UFC President Dana White. That meeting was a week ago, and until know, nobody knew how it went:

    White said that he is "very confident" that Carano is going to fight in the UFC octagon but that they have not signed a deal yet.

    "Gina [Carano] and I had a good meeting. I'm very confident that she does want to come back and she does want to fight. We do not have a deal but we might [soon]."

  10. #110

    Default

    ah fuck it. I don't care. Lets see Rousey vs. Carano. I also want to see Rousey vs. Cyborg. I honestly think rousey "could" win both fights.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may edit your posts
  •