Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey willing to fight at 145 for Gina Carano – and only Gina Carano

Rousey: Cyborg not a woman, an 'it'
    Rousey recently spoke to Kevin Iole of Yahoo sports and spoke about both potential matchups:

Rousey said, "I totally adore Gina," and it would "be a privilege and an honor for me to fight her."

Rousey said she and her coach, Edmond Tarverdyan, believe Carano would pose a more significant challenge to her than Justino would.

"I've said before, I don't care if she's injecting horse semen into her eyeballs, I'll fight her, but that's just my personal decision," Rousey said. "But I can't make a decision for the whole division. I can't say it's the right thing. This girl has been on steroids for so long and [has been] injecting herself for so long that she's not even a woman anymore. She's an 'it.' It's not good for the women's division. It's not good at all.

"If she comes in the UFC and I beat the [expletive] out of her and then I retire and become an action movie star, then the UFC is still going to be stuck with her. The division could die. She could ruin the whole sport. Even though it's a fight a lot of people want to see, even if I beat the living crap out of her, it won't be good for the sport because then she'd still be in the UFC."

"I'd be honored to fight a competitor like Gina, who is an example of what real respect and honor is in the cage," Rousey said. "I really think with Cyborg taking all of those steroids and hormones and then going into the cage, it's like going in with a weapon. It's certainly very negligent, but it's also criminal. I believe, it really is. Promoting her would be promoting that act and I think it would be wrong in every way.

She is right, but she thinks the division would die because of her being such a admirable champ, and not because of attractiveness.
    USA! USA! USA!

Stealing is wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    That is such a fucked up thing to say. I'm surprised she isn't receiving huge backlash.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Lol she's terrified of Cyborg. Beat cyborg then retire and become an action star? More like after Cyborg retires you, you run away to become an action star like Gina and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    That is such a fucked up thing to say. I'm surprised she isn't receiving huge backlash.
    Remember when Matt Mitrione said all that stuff about Fallon Fox and was suspended by the UFC for those comments?

I doubt the UFC takes any action against their beloved champ.

And hearing Rousey say she will be an action movie star, pretty much confirms that with the few bouts she has left (Davis and possibly Cat), I think she exits UFC by year's end and is pursuing her acting career.

Division dies off. Thanks for the show ladies.

6. Default

Wow, what an ignorant thing to say. Jon Jones should hire Rousey as his publicist. That way, every time he says something dumb, he can immediately just throw her in front of the mic, and she will say something even more ignorant.

Rousey really will do or say anything to not fight cyborg eh?

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    How is that so bad?

Cyborg has been caught using banned substances. I dont see what is so 'fucked up' about saying a female who has abused steroids for a long time is an 'it'?

And Ronda is right, someone cheating and using steroids is like giving them a weapon to use in the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Remember when Matt Mitrione said all that stuff about Fallon Fox and was suspended by the UFC for those comments?

I doubt the UFC takes any action against their beloved champ.
    Big difference between calling someone an 'it' because they do not fit into traditional images of a 'normal' gender roles and calling someone an 'it' because they have been pumping their body full of illegal drugs and supplements.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Wow, what an ignorant thing to say. Jon Jones should hire Rousey as his publicist.
    Again, I struggle to see why this is anywhere near as bad as the stupid things Jones says.

What is ignorant about what Ronda said?

It is clear that the UFC is riding the Rousey gravy train for as long as they can. I truly believe they have very little interest in women's fighting as a whole, and as soon as Rousey makes an exit, and there is no one as marketable as her to replace her, the women's division will go away. It is shameless, and really devalues the UFC's position within the sport. Any possibility of Carano coming in to fight the Champ is a joke, and really supports my belief.

9. Default

Cat, de-humanizing anyone is ignorant and classless. For Rhonda to say something like this into a microphone just shows the kind of person she is.

Also, explain the logic to me here, maybe Im missing some facts. Cyborg tested positive once right? In how many MMA fights? So, 1 positive test negates all the negative tests? If she was so good at fooling the drug screening for so long, why that fight a failure then?

I'll never understand the thinking behind tainting everything that an athlete has done because of 1 positive test in a career. I mean, if you want to question the career of a fighter who habitually tests positive I can understand that but maybe get a little more evidence then 1 test before throwing out the rest of them. Thiago Silva for example. If you wanted to suspect every fight of his, Id understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    Cat, de-humanizing anyone is ignorant and classless. For Rhonda to say something like this into a microphone just shows the kind of person she is.

Also, explain the logic to me here, maybe Im missing some facts. Cyborg tested positive once right? In how many MMA fights? So, 1 positive test negates all the negative tests? If she was so good at fooling the drug screening for so long, why that fight a failure then?

I'll never understand the thinking behind tainting everything that an athlete has done because of 1 positive test in a career. I mean, if you want to question the career of a fighter who habitually tests positive I can understand that but maybe get a little more evidence then 1 test before throwing out the rest of them. Thiago Silva for example. If you wanted to suspect every fight of his, Id understand that.
    I get what you are saying, dehumanizing anyone is wrong.. But I understand Ronda's concern. Cyborg was caught cheating, not only cheating but cheating in a way that puts other fighters health and safety at risk.

It just seems a lot of people are taking these comments by Rousey as something horrific but we have seen much, much worse from many other fighters who had no facts to back up their claims.

Thread Information