Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey willing to fight at 145 for Gina Carano – and only Gina Carano

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    I get what you are saying, dehumanizing anyone is wrong.. But I understand Ronda's concern. Cyborg was caught cheating, not only cheating but cheating in a way that puts other fighters health and safety at risk.

It just seems a lot of people are taking these comments by Rousey as something horrific but we have seen much, much worse from many other fighters who had no facts to back up their claims.
    Ronda's concern is just getting destroyed. Just like it was when she earned her title shot at Cyborg in Strikeforce (before she tested positive) and instead dropped to 135 to take the easier fight.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Ronda's concern is just getting destroyed. Just like it was when she earned her title shot at Cyborg in Strikeforce (before she tested positive) and instead dropped to 135 to take the easier fight.
    I am not arguing that, I am not arguing Ronda is avoiding or ran from Cyborg.

My only point was, I dont see why it is such a big deal for her to make comments calling a known cheater and immoral person an 'it'.

3. Default

From what I've come to know and respect, just because someone did something once doesn't define them or their career.

Ronda was classless in what she said about Cyborg. Ronda is devoting a lot of her time talking about a fighter that isn't in the organization. Just make it a point to say no comment and move on.

Cyborg tested positive once. So only once can we say she "cheated". Everything else is pure speculation. And for a fighter who verbally attacks ring girls for things like looks and sexuality, she sure makes it a point to slam Cyborg and her looks.

Ronda will eventually find her maker, and I for one will enjoy seeing her get her dues.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

So then it is absolutely normal to say that Overeem, Barnett and many others are not humans, but are "its"?

If it was somebody from the undercard who made comments about person being an "it" he would get suspended and probably fired from UFC. But it is Rousey who said it, so nothing will happen. This shows once again how hypocrite is the UFC in their politics.

Rousey shows how scared she is of Cyborg. Her excuse of "I will beat the shit out of her, but then I will become a movie superstar and she will be in UFC and I am worried about that, she will kill our division" is something that maybe a delusional 13 year old can say.
    Rousey has no problem at all fighting Carano because she knows that Gina will not represent any special threat to her.

Funny how she says that Carano is a true example of honor, respect, sportsmanship etc. when she (Rousey) shows absolutely nothing of that.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    How is that so bad?

Cyborg has been caught using banned substances. I dont see what is so 'fucked up' about saying a female who has abused steroids for a long time is an 'it'?

And Ronda is right, someone cheating and using steroids is like giving them a weapon to use in the ring.

Big difference between calling someone an 'it' because they do not fit into traditional images of a 'normal' gender roles and calling someone an 'it' because they have been pumping their body full of illegal drugs and supplements.

Again, I struggle to see why this is anywhere near as bad as the stupid things Jones says.

What is ignorant about what Ronda said?
    She called her an it. She said it an insulting manor obvious shot at transgender people. That is why it is "fucked up".
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Its funny how much attention Cyborg's one failed drug test get vs Barnetts, overeems, or even thiago silvas multiple tests put together.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post

Funny how she says that Carano is a true example of honor, respect, sportsmanship etc. when she (Rousey) shows absolutely nothing of that.
    Classic example of this when Meisha went to shake Rousey's hand at the end of their last fight, and Rousey just ignored her. Completely classless, dishonorable, disrespectful, and unsportsmanlike. That, right there, spoke volumes on who Rousey is as a person. Rousey is the anti-GSP!

Rousey really knows how to run off fans. I still like watching her fight but am having a tough time liking her personality when she makes these comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    From what I've come to know and respect, just because someone did something once doesn't define them or their career.

Ronda was classless in what she said about Cyborg. Ronda is devoting a lot of her time talking about a fighter that isn't in the organization. Just make it a point to say no comment and move on.

Cyborg tested positive once. So only once can we say she "cheated". Everything else is pure speculation. And for a fighter who verbally attacks ring girls for things like looks and sexuality, she sure makes it a point to slam Cyborg and her looks.

Ronda will eventually find her maker, and I for one will enjoy seeing her get her dues.
    In my opinion this does define her career.

Just because someone did something once? Are you joking? She roided her way into a mans physique long before she got caught cheating. She built her career off of roiding herself into whats basically a mans body and beating the shit out of regular women.

I decided long before she got caught cheating that I would never watch another one of her fights. I almost wanted to throw up last time I watched one of her fights. That shit was seriously disgusting. I can't believe how many people look past this whole situation.

As for Rousey, the way she said it was totally classless. But shes classless and everyone knows it so that shouldn't surprise anyone.

I'm no fan of Rousey at all, but I agree with her point, just not the way she said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    So then it is absolutely normal to say that Overeem, Barnett and many others are not humans, but are "its"?
    It would be more comparable to a male taking a bunch of estrogen or something to make themselves more like a woman. For the record I will always root against Overeem, Barnett, and the many others.
    Last edited by RearNakedStroke; 04-19-2014 at 06:32 PM.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Thread Information