+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey willing to fight at 145 for Gina Carano – and only Gina Carano

Dana talks Carano / Carano garuntees she can make 135 / Carano told Dana she has never done a real fight training camp

3:15 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Alright. And I'm sure there was a fifteen page thread about it 2 years ago.
    Probably it was a seventeen one
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

3. Default

Dana White believes Gina Carano deserves an immediate title shot, says ‘everybody knows she’s legit’
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/4/20...-shot-ufc-news

Add Dana White to the list of people who are supportive of an immediate title shot for Gina Carano.

The UFC President spoke with members of the media following the UFC on FOX 11 post-fight press conference, where he stated that he is "confident" that the promotion will sign the former Strikeforce featherweight champion.

White also defended Ronda Rousey's suggestion that Carano be given an immediate title shot as he believes she is "legit."

"I do think she does [deserve an immediate title shot]." White said. "She's legit, everybody knows she's legit. When I met with her, if some of these people said half the [expletive] to me that she said to me when we met, I'd love it. I love what she had to say and I'm excited. I hope I get a deal done with her."
    Seemingly to add to his argument, White explained that Carano is one of the most "charming" human beings he had ever encountered, and that her comments on fighting in general impressed him tremendously.

"Wait till you guys here what this girl has to say. It's absolutely fascinating talking to her. I don't ever use this word ever; I don't think I've ever used it in my life - she's one of the most charming human beings that I have ever met. When you sit down and listen to what she has to say about fighting, it's awesome."
    When asked to comment about other female fighters such as Miesha Tate speaking out against Carano's potential title fight, White was less than pleased with Tate.

"What could Miesha bitch about? Miesha got a title shot against Ronda again because Cat [Zingano] got hurt. She's been pretty lucky."
    Rousey is scheduled to defend her women's bantamweight title against Alexis Davis in the co-main event of UFC 175.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

So Carano gets a title shot because she's legit, really really really wants it, and she's fascinating to talk to.

There have been title shots given out for worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

5. Default

When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    So Carano gets a title shot because she's legit, really really really wants it, and she's fascinating to talk to.

Well yea, I mean Chael Sonnen got a title shot, not once but twice in 2 different divisions, after failing a drug test in his first title shot. Meanwhile Cyborg is being shunned by Dana and Rousey for failing a drug test once, yet is working her way back up in restoring her credibility by winning fights.

Funny, Jessica Eye is on the UFC roster, and failed a drug test for marijuana against Sarah Kaufmann and was awarded a shot against current contender Alexis Davis, and wasnt ostracized by anyone in the UFC lol.

Default UFC 170: Jessica Eye's letter to the Texas board after her failed drug test

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post

Funny, Jessica Eye is on the UFC roster, and failed a drug test for marijuana against Sarah Kaufmann and was awarded a shot against current contender Alexis Davis, and wasnt ostracized by anyone in the UFC lol.
    clearly you have zero information of this situation and are just talking out of your ass. If that isnt the case, you wouldnt make reference to Jessica Eye and that situation.

Dear Mrs. Winston,

I am writing you today in regards to my recent test results from UFC 166 in Houston. I first wanted to thank you in advance for your time and for allowing me the opportunity to explain my position. As one of the few professional female athletes currently competing in the UFC, I can't express you how upset and more than disappointed I am in myself for even being in this situation. I have worked extremely hard at my craft over the last 6 plus years to put myself in a position of influence where I really feel I can make a difference in not only our sport but beyond. I consider myself a role model and understand that as a professional athlete who is competing at the highest level of his or her sport, that I also have an obligation to be a leader and positive role model. The reason I tell you this is so you can understand how crushing this has been for me. Beyond the opportunity to make a living doing something I love to do, to me its more important to have the opportunity to continue to be a role model and affective people in a positive way.

Mrs. Winston, I assure you that I am not nor have I ever been the type of person to put anything unhealthy in body, let alone and illegal narcotic. In addition, I am well aware of the other athletes who have thrown away their careers over substance abuse issues and I could never understand how someone in that position would risk jeopardizing their career over drugs or alcohol.

I am not the type of person who makes excuses and can admit Im wring when Ive made a mistake. In this case, the mistake I made was trusting my family and not trusting my instincts sooner. From the time I was a teenager, my father and I have not been on the best of terms due to his own substance abuse issues which I was forced to move out of his home when I was a 18. As a young girl I saw the damage and destruction drugs and alcohol can cause and how it can tear a family apart. Well my family was not immune and unfortunately it took a very ugly incident recently to finally allow me to move forward with my life without my father.

Approximately 4 weeks or so prior to my UFC debut in Houston, I had decided to give my father another chance to get back into my life. As you can understand, I was very emotional leading up to my fight and was eager for any support I could get from family, friends and especially my father. After numerous apologies and attempts to make amends with me, I finally decided to give my father another chance and attend a family get together in my honor which he hosted at his residence, The get together involved mostly family members form his side along with many of my friends and even a few of my sponsors who had all come together to watch the fight the evening. What transpired that night , will be with me for my entire life and is what I feel may have led to the traces of marijuana that were found to be in my system.

Upon arrival at my fathers house, I noticed immediately that they had been drinking. Against my better judgment, I decided to stay and avoid another confrontation with my father especially with anyone else in attendance. As the evening progressed, the alcohol would eventually turn into marijuana. As my father and several of his friends began to smoke in the living room where we were watching the UFC, I politely asked him to stop smoking or id be forced to leave. Not only did he refuse, but he became irate and began to physically attack me in front of all of our guests. Luckily my friends and brother were able to separate us and get m out of there relative unharmed, but this would surely be one of the darkest and most humiliating moments of my life. Needless to say, I did not call the police in order to avoid this getting out in public as I knew I need to be distraction free heading into the biggest fight of my career. Looking back, I truly wish I would have filed a report not my benefit, but to share my story with others in hopers of stopping this from happening to even one other person. I sincerely feel this is what led to my test results as I have been around any other smokers for years prior to or since that night.

Mrs. Winston, I am not claiming to be completely innocent and realize I am in this position because of my actions. But I will tell you with all sincerity that I would never, ever gamble with my career or take for granted the opportunities I have in front of me. I would even ask you to contact Ohio Athletic Commission Executive Director Bernie Profato who Im confident will validate what I am writing you as far as my family history and this particular incident. Since then, ive actually gone public with my story and did an in depth interview with a reporter who went ahead and published an article about my relations with my father. Id be happy to forward this article to you upon request.

In closing, id like to thank you again for your time and consideration with this matter. Please get back to me or my manager Greg and let us know what the next step in the process will be. I am eager to put this behind me and start the next positive chapter of my life and what I hope will be a long career with the UFC.

Sincerely,

Jessica Eye
    http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/20...er-failed-drug
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 04-21-2014 at 12:24 PM.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

AmericanMMA offers $5k bounty for KO of Rousey

An MMA apparel company says it will give a cash reward to the first fighter to knock out Ronda Rousey.

The Americana MMA Twitter account announced Saturday that $5,000 will go to the woman who KOs the UFC women's champion after Rousey called fellow women's MMA star Cris Cyborg "an it" in an interview with Yahoo! this week.

Americana MMA owner Peter Giannoulis turned down an interview request from FOX Sports on Sunday. Giannoulis believes Rousey should be suspended or fined for her comments about Cyborg the same way, writing as much on both Twitter and Facebook. Giannoulis cited the UFC's handling of situations regarding derogatory remarks from male fighters Matt Mitrione and Matt Brown. Mitrione was fined and suspended and Brown issued an apology.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post

Of course she's legit now, after she hasn't fought in almost five years. But back when she was at her peak, didn't dana have something...else...to say about her legitimacy?

I like how he's game now that she's had a couple movies [and hasn't fought at all in 5 years] and I'm sure the fact that it will be her first time at 135 in almost 10 years just makes it even better. I mean, tune up fights are for wusses, right?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information