Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey willing to fight at 145 for Gina Carano – and only Gina Carano

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Of course she's legit now, after she hasn't fought in almost five years. But back when she was at her peak, didn't dana have something...else...to say about her legitimacy?

I like how he's game now that she's had a couple movies [and hasn't fought at all in 5 years] and I'm sure the fact that it will be her first time at 135 in almost 10 years just makes it even better. I mean, tune up fights are for wusses, right?

rh
    Funny how Gina dont need any tune up fights at 135 lb [a weight class I truly believe she will struggle to make] to get a title shot, yet Dana kept on chiming in that he needs to see Cyborg first compete at 135 and see how she does first, and even then she isn't guaranteed an offer from UFC.

I really think you guys are overlooking just how legit Gina is. Everybody knows that MMA fighters improve the longer they are out of active competition, so Gina will be at the peak of her powers. And she's never even done a full training camp before! She was a beast before, now imagine if you will how good she will be with modern training techniques! Plus, she's done lots of action movies, so she's probably kept herself pretty sharp.

And what about how honoured Rousey will be to fight her - we can't discount the honour angle. This is mixed martial arts, and as concepts like honour and integrity are as important to true martial arts exponents like Rousey and Dana (nay, more important) than trivial things like divisional relevance, activity, or the ability to make weight.

As for Cyborg, mate, she just got her ass kicked by some one-dimensional kick-boxer so why should the UFC give her a title shot coming off of a loss? Besides, have you seen her? To be brutally honest the UFC is in the business of entertainment, and there is nothing entertaining about Cyborg's facial...situation. Besides, she probably can't even make weight! That alone should take her of of the equation.

So all of you 'haters' can go cry into your awful, awful Cyborg fan art, because I myself will be eagerly awaiting the announcement of Rousey's most dangerous and credible match up to date: Gina Carano! (Or whoever the UFC tells me that is: Zingano, Kaufmann, Tait, whoevs.)

3. Default

'Cyborg' Justino rep: Ronda Rousey attacks verbally because 'she can't physically'
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/cyborg-...nt-physically/

An attorney/adviser for Cristiane Justino said there’s probably a reason UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey was so ruthless during a recent interview.

According to George Prajin, who represents “Cyborg,” Rousey has resorted to name-calling, false accusations and verbally attacking his client “because she can’t physically.”

Prajin addressed Rousey’s comments in a statement issued to MMAjunkie.

This past week, in an interview with Yahoo! Sports‘ Kevin Iole, Rousey blasted Justino, a former Strikeforce champion who’s been campaigning for a shot in the UFC, due to her past failed test due to her use of a performance-enhancing drug. The UFC champ then suggested Justino is a longtime PED user with her most damning comments.

“I’ve said before, I don’t care if she’s injecting horse semen into her eyeballs, I’ll fight her, but that’s just my personal decision,” Rousey told Yahoo! Sports. “But I can’t make a decision for the whole division. I can’t say it’s the right thing. This girl has been on steroids for so long and [has been] injecting herself for so long that she’s not even a woman anymore. She’s an ‘it.’ It’s not good for the women’s division. It’s not good at all.”
    Prajin’s statement:

First of all Cris Cyborg is a beautiful woman with a huge heart. She has a mother and father and a beautiful niece that she has raised since she was born. Ronda is not only trying to hurt Cris but is hurting them as well. This is fight sport, no reason for hateful attacks. You want to hurt Cris, get in the cage. Dare you.

Cris Cyborg does not need to resort to personal insults. She wants to hurt Ronda physically not verbally. Ronda’s hateful statements show that she fears Cris because she knows she has to verbally attack her to hurt her because she can’t physically. She knows she has no chance against Cris in a fight.

First she ran to 135 to escape her, hoping that she would never have to face her. Then when fans started to demand the fight, she hid behind her weight division. Now that Cris is coming after her she now is setting up the excuse of all excuses – fighting Cris wouldn’t be fair. In fact it would be “criminal.”

She is right about one thing: It would not be fair. And it has nothing to do with performance enhancing drugs. It’s because Cris is just that much better. And to agree with Ronda, it would be criminal. In fact it may end in homicide.

Ronda is making serious allegations that Cris is abusing steroids. Unless she has proof, she is having a reckless disregard for the truth!

Ronda knows Cris has passed four drug tests in a row including a random drug test performed this past March. All Ronda is doing is trying to build an excuse once Cris mops the cage with her. That is by lying and saying that Cris is a cheater.

Affirmatively, Cris is not using any performance enhancing drugs!
    UFC officials didn’t respond to a request for comment or address Rousey’s use of the word “it” to describe a fellow female fighter. Representatives from GLAAD, who addressed similar comments that UFC heavyweight Matt Mitrione made about transgender fighter Fallon Fox in 2013, also weren’t available.

For now, Rousey (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) is preparing to fight top contender Alexis Davis (16-5 MMA, 3-0 UFC) in UFC 175′s pay-per-view co-headliner on July 5. The Olympic medalist looks for her 10th straight win and fifth consecutive UFC title defense.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

4. Default

Trainer: WSOF outbid UFC for Holly Holm, but 'Preacher's Daughter' wants Ronda Rousey fight
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/4/22/56...usey-fight-mma

Top female bantamweight Holly Holm (7-0), fresh off her sensational, head-kick knockout win against Juliana Werner on April 4, 2014 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is right there alongside Cristiane Justino as the hottest female free agent in combat sports.

Sold to the highest bidder?

Maybe not. Coach Mike Winkeljohn revealed that World Series of Fighting (WSOF) has actually put in a higher offer than Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), who entertained Holm's manager back in March, but "The Preacher's Daughter" is holding out for a potential Ronda Rousey fight.

Wink breaks it down for Submission Radio:

"Holly's there, she will beat Ronda Rousey if Ronda's still champ after Holly’s been in the UFC for a couple of fights. I want a couple more tune up fights. Holly’s on the fact track working on her grappling, she's getting very good at it, but I want the confidence for Holly to be there in every position so that she can let her hands and let her feet go without the worry of the clinching and getting tossed in different positions. There's amazing ways to make money out there and being in the UFC is probably the best avenue to make money off sponsors and different things she can do, she's very talented at things. The UFC is where we wanna be and the numbers have come up behind the scenes, there's no doubt about it. We're trying to work something out right now and I definitely see Holly signing with the UFC. World Series of Fighting has offered her more money. A lot of people have started to offer her more money, that I'll let her manager talk about. All the numbers have, basically a little bidding war has begun and we're quite excited about it, but we want the UFC."
    Holm wants UFC ... but does UFC want Holm?

Not according to UFC President Dana White, who closed slammed the book on negotiations after Holm's manager, Lenny Fresquez, said (or did) something to get the Las Vegas fight boss hot under the collar. The last we heard from Dana, he was "not interested whatsoever."

Yikes.

The good news is, there is always Plan B. Or in this case, Plan F. When talent fail to put pen to paper thanks to a poor relationship with White, UFC head cheese Lorenzo Fertitta has been known to mend fences -- in certain situations -- if it's best for business.

Common opponent Kaufman predicts UFC 175’s Rousey vs. Davis title fight
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/04/common-...s-title-fight/

Sarah Kaufman is one of only two women in the world who has shared an MMA cage with both UFC women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and top contender Alexis Davis.

Rousey (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) and Davis (16-5 MMA, 3-0 UFC) square off for the title in the co-main event of UFC 175 on July 5 in Las Vegas, and Kaufman will be keeping a close eye on the fight as she works toward a championship bout of her own.

“Rowdy” has dominated every bit of MMA competition placed before, so there are doubts about whether Davis will provide a viable challenge to the undefeated titleholder.

With two fights – and wins – over Davis to her name, Kaufman knows what her fellow Canadian has to offer. With the majority of Davis’ wins coming by decision or by late-fight submissions, Kaufman thinks her ability to slow down the fight on the ground will be the key for neutralizing Rousey’s offense.

“I’ve been saying for a while that Alexis’ ground game is amazing,” Kaufman told MMAjunkie. “She’s very strong on the ground. I think if it’s in the rounds in the beginning, then Alexis will need a bit more time. Then I think Alexis comes on stronger as the fight goes on.”
    The problem, though, is that Rousey doesn’t spend much time in the cage. Eight of her nine wins have come in the first round, with five ending in a minute or less.

Kaufman is one of seven different challengers who have succumbed to Rousey’s signature armbar. The 28-year-old was forced to tap out to Rousey just 54 seconds into the first round of their 2012 Strikeforce bout – further proof the Olympic medalist is anything but a slow starter.

Surviving that early onslaught will be critical for Davis’ chances at winning, Kaufman said, and if she hopes to take the belt, she must drag the fight into deep waters, where she has more experience than Rousey.

“It will be interesting to see if it’s a faster fight or a longer fight,” Kaufman said. “The latter plays to Alexis, and the former plays to Ronda. I think if it goes into the later rounds, Alexis has a lot of durability, Ronda’s speed is going to be a big factor for Alexis in the first two to three rounds.”
    When it comes purely to jiu-jitsu accolades, Davis is the most accomplished opponent Rousey will have faced in that area. The fight seems destined to end on the ground, but Kaufman is intrigued how the styles will clash on the feet.

“I think Ronda will have the speed and strength advantage in the standup,” she said. “So I’ll be interested to see if Alexis tries to use more movement or does her usual on-the-spot striking. I think Ronda will be able to close that distance pretty quick to clinch or take it to the ground if she wants.”
    Kaufman ultimately sees the matchup as Rousey’s speed and ability to finish early against Davis’ tendency to slow down the pace and make it a grueling contest.

Unfortunately for the challenger, no one has been able to halt the frenetic pace put forth by Rousey. While Davis has put together a respectable 3-0 record in the UFC against some quality opponents, Kaufman doesn’t know if she’ll be ready for the intensity that comes with fighting the champion.

“I’ll say Ronda is going to win, but Alexis is right there,” she said.

Dana White Credits Fight Style, Personalities For Growth Of Female MMA
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2014/04/...of-female-mma/

Ronda Rousey has carried the banner for women’s MMA over the last few years, but she is not alone.

Rousey, Miesha Tate, Liz Carmouche, Cris Cyborg and many more have helped the sport seemingly grow over night, and impress one former adversary.

“The women’s side of this business is bigger than I ever thought it could be,” said UFC president Dana White, during his media scrum following UFC on FOX 11 this past weekend. “I’m blown away by how fast it got that way. It’s amazing.”
    White credits the fighting skills and personalities of the females as the reason for the rapid growth.

“It’s because the girls are legit, really talented and can fight,” he said. “We’ve got good personalities in the female division, and more are coming with the 115-pound division.”
    The UFC’s 20th season of The Ultimate Fighter later this year will be an entire cast of females, as they will crown a strawweight champion at the conclusion.

“All these girls are very interesting,” White said, of the current TUF 20 roster.
    One of those female fighters previously mentioned, Cyborg, is currently not signed to the UFC. She was previously managed by Tito Ortiz, who stated that Cyborg would not be fit for future child birth if she dropped to 135 pounds. They have backtracked on those statements and the fighter is working to make the weight.

“I thought Cyborg would die if she went to 135?” White smiled. “The funny thing is, every time we do one of these things, we talk about drugs. Yet, everybody wants to talk about Cyborg.

“Every single scrum.”
    Cyborg previously failed a post-fight drug test in 2011 for a banned substance, as she tested positive for stanozolol, an anabolic steroid.

Cris Cyborg To UFC Could “Ruin” Sport Forever, Says Ronda Rousey
    http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2014/04/...-ronda-rousey/

UFC female bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey isn’t afraid to say exactly what she wants, and that’s likely why UFC president Dana White thinks so fondly of her.

In a recent interview with Yahoo! Sports, Rousey made it pretty clear that she feels if the UFC brings Cris “Cyborg” Justino in, that she could end up killing women’s MMA in the promotion.

Rousey feels that Cyborg has been a steroid user “for so long that she’s not even a woman anymore. She’s an ‘it.’”

“If she comes to the UFC and I beat the (expletive) out of her and then I retire and become an action movie star, then the UFC is still going to be stuck with her,” Rousey said. “The division could die. She could ruin the whole sport.

“Even thought it’s a fight a lot of people want to see, even if I beat the living crap out of her, it won’t be good for the sport because then she’d still be in the UFC.”
    Rousey and Alexis Davis are currently booked for the July UFC 175 co-main event role during International Fight Week in Las Vegas. Many had Rousey pegged for a possible fight with Gina Carano, but that is currently unavailable because Carano has not signed with the promotion.

“I’d be honored to fight a competitor like Gina, who is an example of what real respect and honor is in the cage,” she said. “I really think with Cyborg taking all of those steroids and hormones and then going into the cage, it’s like going in with a weapon. It’s certainly very negligent, but it’s also criminal. I believe, it really is. Promoting her would be promoting the act and I think it would be wrong in every way.”
    Cyborg previously tested positive for an anabolic steroid that she cited was used for cutting weight and not building up her muscle mass. Rousey, though, doesn’t feel that is an excuse – or the right one. Cyborg was fined and suspended for a year by the California Athletic Commission for the failed test.

“I think it should be like the Olympics,” she said, in reference to failed drug tests. “If you (expletive) up once, you’r not going to the (expletive) Olympics. There should be a zero tolerance policy where if you’re caught doing anything, you should be done forever.”
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Apparently not competing in 5 years puts you at the "peak of your powers (whatever the fuck that means)". And action movie training keeps you real sharp.

That is just too much stupid to process in one post lol

And that's not even mentioning the "Cyborg getting her ass kicked by a one dimensional kickboxer (in a kickboxing match)" lol

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Apparently not competing in 5 years puts you at the "peak of your powers (whatever the fuck that means)". And action movie training keeps you real sharp.

And that's not even mentioning the "Cyborg getting her ass kicked by a one dimensional kickboxer (in a kickboxing match)" lol
    its mind blowing and insulting to the intelligence of everyone he is talking to. Disgraceful really. Dana is holding the sport back with his stupidity and childish antics. Actually he is causing it to get worse. I'm shocked the Fertita's don't realize what a liability he is and how harmful he has become to the company.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post

i've said for years that this place needs irony tags.

(...it's almost like it's a suspicious amount of stupid in one post, no? )

Some people don't get satire, Gore
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    i've said for years that this place needs irony tags.

(...it's almost like it's a suspicious amount of stupid in one post, no? )
    I thought he was talking about Dana hahahahahaha
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information