Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 170

Thread: Ronda Rousey willing to fight at 145 for Gina Carano – and only Gina Carano

  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    'Roided out Cyborg vs Frankie Edgar at 145 lbs, who wins it?
    I know Frankie's probably still on the smaller side of the 145ers but man is Cyborg huge compared to him. I can see why she says she can't make the weight.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Snake Plisskin? I heard you were dead!

    rh
    No sir I was lost not dead

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    11,936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503 View Post
    No sir I was lost not dead
    good to see you back.

    rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

    Yeah, Bye.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Welland , Ontario
    Posts
    790

    Default

    it would be nice if they made the fight and Gina won. so fitting. then a gina cyborg rematch.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

    Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    16,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K1NG P3NN View Post
    Two things went into this imo. #1 Ronda wants NO part of Cyborg. #2 Ronda wants a chance to fondle the hell out of Gina when she judo flips her onto the ground.
    Ultimate Surrender

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY--->MIA
    Posts
    8,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K1NG P3NN View Post
    Two things went into this imo. #1 Ronda wants NO part of Cyborg. #2 Ronda wants a chance to fondle the hell out of Gina when she judo flips her onto the ground.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    19,472

    Default

    Dana White, Ronda Rousey say Gina Carano deserves an immediate title shot
    "I think it would be the best thing for women's MMA," said Rousey, who wasn't scheduled to be part of the event pushing UFC 173, but showed up midway through. "I think it would be the highest profile fight that could be done. I don't think it would make sense for her to come back and fight somebody else and take the risk of maybe losing and not being able to capitalize on the fight between me and her. I think it would make more sense to go straight to a title fight."

    White, who was scheduled to meet with Carano to discuss her contract status on Wednesday night, let fly with an accidental double entendre when asked about the potential bout. "I'd do Ronda and Gina," White said. After the explosion of laughter in the room subsided and White turned a deep shade of red, he said "I'd do that fight."

    The biggest point of contention in making the fight is the fact that Carano has not competed since 2009 and has not won a fight since 2008.

    Rousey says that a fight with Carano is a matter of paying respect to a legend of the game.

    "She's one of the pioneers on the sport," Rousey said. "She's the reason I fight at all. You can't say she's just coming in off the street. How can you say no to the woman that I owe everything to? I would bend over backwards to fight her. I'm not going to make her run through the gauntlet to fight me. I would show up at her house if that's where she wanted to fight."

    White made it clear that if such a fight would happen, it would have to occur at 135 pounds. Carano only made 135 once in her career and missed 140 pounds on multiple occasions.

    "Last time I've seen her, have you seen her recently?" White says. "She's smaller, she said she's walking around way lighter than she used to."

    White shot down the idea that the bout could be contested at a catchweight, which was the route the company took the last time a champion vs. legend opportunity presented itself, with then-welterweight champ Matt Hughes vs. pioneer Royce Gracie in 2006.

    "Royce doesn't give a s--- about titles and stuff like that," White said. "He didn't want time limits, rounds, or rules, completely different way of thinking. Royce didn't give a s--- about belts or anything like that. Royce just wanted to fight Matt Hughes. Big difference.

    The UFC inherited Carano's contract from Strikeforce when the latter company was purchased.

    "She's going to come back when she wants to sign," White said. "She's the type of person like this one here (pointing at Rousey), she's not coming back just because. She's coming back because she wants the title."
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

  8. #98

    Default

    Lol I really don't understand Ronda's logic here.. Yea sure, I mean Gina may not be able to beat any top 15 women, so instead of risking her losing to a bum, she should just fight for the title instead. I mean it's not like she ever held a title or anything, but she totally deserves it for being so damn cute. Ronda is really grasping for an easy win here. If she really wanted to prove she is the best, she should be talking this way about cyborg.



  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Ronda wants no part of Cyborg and Dana doesn't want that either lol. Its pathetic their even trying to explain how Gina would deserve a title shot after leaving for 5 years.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    4,085

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Ronda wants no part of Cyborg and Dana doesn't want that either lol. Its pathetic their even trying to explain how Gina would deserve a title shot after leaving for 5 years.
    It's all about the money nothing else, maybe bring more fans to the sport just because they want to see Gina. Making Cyborg fight at 135 has noting to do with ducking her EVERYONE wants to make sure she's clean.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 04-10-2014 at 07:25 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •