Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey willing to fight at 145 for Gina Carano – and only Gina Carano

Quote Originally Posted by The_Icon View Post
    Got it,thanks for clearing that up for me. IMO it stills seems like Cyborg had a chance to go after Rousey in the UFC and blew it. I would blame SF for letting the first time slip by. In the end fighters dont make the match ups the organizations do so if they really wanted this fight to happen, it will. Agreeing to fight Gina at 145 is silly and allowing it to happen when a 145lb division doesnt exist is even sillier. I blame the UFC though not really Rousey if it happens
    I should have expanded a little further in my previous post, but when Cyborg said she's not coming to 135, I wasn't going to point fingers at Rousey or the UFC as the challenger should come down to the weight of the champion. However, when you start making exceptions for Gina (who has been non-existent in the women's MMA scene for 5 years) and not Cyborg (who many people still consider to be the best women's MMA fighter on the planet, including myself), then it's starts to reek of bullshit.

I can certainly agree with that
    Believe in Chimichanga's

3. Default

she ducking Vitor bro
    ------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    This is how it went. In November 2011, Rousey beat Julia Budd. There were no contenders at 145, so Rousey would've easily gotten a title shot after her victory, except instead of facing Cyborg (who was defending her title in December 2011), she chose to drop down to 135 lbs and challenge for Meisha's 135 lbs belt (over a more-deserving Kaufmann at the time). Although Cyborg tested positive in December 2011, Rousey already made the decision to drop down prior to that.

Fast forward a year later, Rousey was 135 lb champ and the women's division was included in the UFC. At this time, they wanted to make the Rousey and Cyborg fight but Cyborg wouldn't drop to 135 lbs and would either do 145 or a catchweight of 140.

Although the 1-year later scenario is more Cyborg's fault, as she is challenging Rousey (not the other way around), the first one was more Rousey's fault as she fled to the 135 lb division instead of challenging Cyborg. In the end, it would not have made a difference as Cyborg tested positive, but we still know what Rousey's intentions were.

Well to be fair and it's hard when you don't like her I get it(in general), Ronda was still a nub at the sport with a 4-0 record Cyborg was 9-1? can't blame her wanting to get more fights under her belt first and went down for a title shot (who wouldn't?), it's not her fault Cyborg failed a drug test and she moved on to bigger and better things, sometimes shit happens.

and for the record I think Gina would have won a in fair fight vs Cyborg but she's permanently morphed now.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 03-15-2014 at 08:41 PM.

5. 03-15-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Well to be fair and it's hard when you don't like her I get it(in general), Ronda was still a nub at the sport with a 4-0 record Cyborg was 9-1? can't blame her wanting to get more fights under her belt first and went down for a title shot (who wouldn't?), it's not her fault Cyborg failed a drug test and she moved on to bigger and better things, sometimes shit happens.

and for the record I think Gina would have won a in fair fight vs Cyborg but she's permanently morphed now.
    Meisha was 12-2 when they fought. Ronda went down to 135 lbs as it was obviously the easier fight. It's not because she wanted to get her more fights under her belt.

What happened after the failed drug test is a whole different story. My explanation of what happened was regarding Ronda's decision prior to the failed test.

I would pick Cyborg to still maul Gina. She still looks like the same ferocious fighter even after getting popped. One can speculate whether she was on roids when fighting Gina or if she is still on it currently, but it would be a speculation at best.

Meisha was 12-2 when they fought. Ronda went down to 135 lbs as it was obviously the easier fight. It's not because she wanted to get her more fights under her belt.

What happened after the failed drug test is a whole different story. My explanation of what happened was regarding Ronda's decision prior to the failed test.

I would pick Cyborg to still maul Gina. She still looks like the same ferocious fighter even after getting popped. One can speculate whether she was on roids when fighting Gina or if she is still on it currently, but it would be a speculation at best.
    Other then fighting at 135lbs how was Meisha the easier fight? easy to say now but then nobody knew who was going to win I sure didn't. I think it was more timing and opportunity then avoiding the match up.

As for Cyborg being on roids then and now .... if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck dude it's a duck, I have zero doubt in my mind she's on the roids and at this point has permanently morphed her physiology.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 03-15-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Other then fighting at 135lbs how was Meisha the easier fight? easy to say now but then nobody knew who was going to win I sure didn't. I think it was more timing and opportunity then avoiding the match up.

As for Cyborg being on roids then and now .... if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck dude it's a duck, I have zero doubt in my mind she's on the roids and at this point has permanently morphed her physiology.
    How could anyone in their right mind not think that Meisha was an easier fight than Cyborg at that time? Cyborg was p4p the best female fighter at that time. There's a reason why Ronda was the odds-on favourite to win against Meisha. She would not have been favoured against Cyborg.

How could anyone in their right mind not think that Meisha was an easier fight than Cyborg at that time? Cyborg was p4p the best female fighter at that time. There's a reason why Ronda was the odds-on favourite to win against Meisha. She would not have been favoured against Cyborg.
    Again things went down because timing and opportunity, I think Ronda would have fought Cyborg if it worked out that way.

and please stop saying Cyborg is the best p4p fighter it's insulting, I'm sure Gina would be champ if she juiced too.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 03-15-2014 at 10:01 PM.

Man I really hope Dana doesn't put a fight together with Carano and Rousey. That'll be such a waste of time and makes me feel like Rousey is being protected by the UFC to make sure their golden girl is lying safe with the gold.

Also Rousey's statement makes her look like an assclown.

Quote Originally Posted by orion_damage View Post
    Man I really hope Dana doesn't put a fight together with Carano and Rousey. That'll be such a waste of time and makes me feel like Rousey is being protected by the UFC to make sure their golden girl is lying safe with the gold.

Also Rousey's statement makes her look like an assclown.
    Other then everyone making $$$ I agree it's a waste of time ........ but I'd watch it lol <3 <3 <3 them both

Thread Information