Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bellator 112 'Straus vs Curran 3' live discussion.

Ha entertaining fight. I thought Straus was going to take it with that reverse triangle early in the fight. Good for Curran.

Bellator 112 post-fight press conference live video stream online for 'Straus vs Curran 3'
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/3/14/55...n-straus-3-mma

I feel bad for Straus he had the fight won and to lose like that....man that sucks. I think he beats Curran 7/10 times.
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

So apparently, the judges had it tied up going into the fifth, so Curran actually didn't need the stop and would've won on two of the scorecards for an SD.

That was Straus's fight to lose IMO and I question if the bad weight cut effected his game plan, as his grappling is so harsh and difficult to avoid. I was wondering like, "Is he trying to win over fans with a more exciting style or is he not implementing his game plan because he's afraid it'll gas him?". There was also the matter of how Curran went into the second fight, as there was a marked improvement on his end from their last fight, but I still though Straus was going to out grapple him for five rounds, so maybe that first round knee switched the tides.

If I'm Straus, going forward, if he gets just a big more polishing in the striking department so he's a bit more technical and not as telegraphed, I think he's got crazy potential to be a long time champion, especially in the BFC division. I don't see him dropping a tournament anytime soon and if he draws Curran again and takes the time to have a better cut and a little bit better striking, he's champ next time out.

I was really surprised that Straus didn't try to grapple more. I thought that was a tactical mistake, but maybe he had an injury. Curran was doing really well until he lazily got hit in the head, that changed the course of the fight.

I think that weight cut really drained him and he didn't want to expend cardio early if he couldn't score a finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    So apparently, the judges had it tied up going into the fifth, so Curran actually didn't need the stop and would've won on two of the scorecards for an SD.
    Great fight. I as well thought Straus was going to grapple more and expected him to win; he's such a beast. The weight cut probably did have an effect on him.

Yep, it all came to the 5th round anyways (see scorecards below). Not even one round was scored unanimously for either Straus or Curran!

Thread Information