+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Ufc 171 official discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Come on everyone. Seriously, this was a closer fight than GSP vs Hendricks. No need to complain. It was a close fight, that was clearly decided by the 5tu round, where Lawler was "rocked"/gassed. Could have gone either way.
    If by "closer" you mean GSP clearly won than yes. I fucking hate Hendricks, but he definitely won this fight. I don't like the bitch move of securing a takedown and doing nothing with it simply to get the win, but yes he won.

BTW, did Rogan just call Hendricks the perfect champion? WTF???

2. Default

What a let down to a hell of a fight.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Tonight's card was a rollercoaster. Great night of fights and history being made in the WW division.

So disappointed for Condit though.

Who's next for Hendricks??

They just played the highlights and all the highlights were Robbie except for the 5th. Guess the judges liked the high activity rate from Hendricks even though nothing was landing clean.

Hitting the sack now. Good night folks.

Fuckin robbery, I feel rd 1 was maybe a draw after rd 2 I figured Robbie had slight edge, Rd 3 I had Lawler rd 4 I had Lawler even with Hendricks TD rd 5 Johnny for sure but def not 10/8. I had fight 48/47 Robbie with possible SD to Robbie.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Close fight yes. So you are correct that there is no reason to complain about the Dec. My only complaint is Johnny laying on Robbie the last min. Would have been had he either kept fighting or got stood up. It was the smart move just very anticlimactic way to end one hell of a fight. I can see Robbie getting a rematch with 1 solid win. Especially with shields losing and condit getting hurt.

All that said a focused heart in the game GSP would have run rough shot over either one tonight

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Fuckin robbery,
    Everyone took it well except you.

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    They just played the highlights and all the highlights were Robbie except for the 5th. Guess the judges liked the high activity rate from Hendricks even though nothing was landing clean.
    Haven't you learned by now? You don't have to land clean shots, just throw nonstop. I think I my first in a month or so im just going to tuck my chin and swing my arms wildly like a windmill and just chase down my opponent. Then I'll win :-)

Was hoping robbie could win it but how can you hate on hendricks, he was obviously deserving of the title. I'm happy for him.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information