Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Ufc 171 official discussion thread

Yeah, Rogan has a huge mancrush on Hendricks and he doesn't mind letting it show.

2. Default

Nick Diaz deducted 4.20 points for bitchassness.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Anyone have a link to the post conference?

Quote Originally Posted by m1ckeykn0x View Post
    Anyone have a link to the post conference?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCIKrs7Lv2M

Or
    http://www.ufc.com/media/ufc-171-post-presser

Live NOW!
    Last edited by Spoon; 03-16-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grambino View Post
    That statement illustrates a huge issue with the scoring system. A takedown shouldn't affect scoring at all unless you do something with it. If you're going score with takedowns then you should score equally for stopping a takedown. It was asinine for Joe to be so excited about Hendricks getting the takedown to seal the fight, it's actually embarassing.
    I'm not going to argue with that... I agree the scoring system needs changing... But as it stands takedowns score points... It's not asinine, he got excited because he scored a move that joe knew would prove huge in scoring. You get excited about important moments in the fight. That was a big deal for Hendricks... For the outcome of the fight. He took him down and kept him there. That's a point, an important point in a very close fight. I would have done the same thing... When you're that close to victory... you take it I say.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    Haven't you learned by now? You don't have to land clean shots, just throw nonstop.
    Nick Diaz says otherwise.

Great fight, I had 1,2, 5 to big rig and 3,4 to ruthless. Hell of a fight though. Robbie came out in the 5th looking awesome and I thought he was going to take the fight, but idk if he got rocked or he just suddenly ran out of gas. It was kinda crazy how it seemed like he couldn't even throw a single punch anymore. I think he might have been hurt more than gassed because it seemed like he came to and realized he had been taken down and there was barely any time left on the clock and you could see the disappointment on his face. Hats off to Johny; his striking I thought was dramatically better than what it was in the GSP fight. He got caught a couple times but the way he moved and mixed it up was pretty damn impressive to me. No doubt Robbie did the most damage but I think the judges got the winner right. First time in a long time I actually thoroughly enjoyed an MMA fight.

Why does the UFC let fighters fuck around on their phones during a press conference? I always thought it looked really unprofessional.

Set up a Diaz Lawler rematch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Why does the UFC let fighters fuck around on their phones during a press conference? I always thought it looked really unprofessional.

Set up a Diaz Lawler rematch.
    For the past 6 months or so, when I noticed it, I've thought the same damn thing. Then I think maybe it's part of the UFC's social media bonuses, where they simply don't give a shit, as long as they're posting on Twitter or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    I'm not going to argue with that... I agree the scoring system needs changing... But as it stands takedowns score points... It's not asinine, he got excited because he scored a move that joe knew would prove huge in scoring. You get excited about important moments in the fight. That was a big deal for Hendricks... For the outcome of the fight. He took him down and kept him there. That's a point, an important point in a very close fight. I would have done the same thing... When you're that close to victory... you take it I say.
    I've gone back and forth with this issue. I do think it is harder to get a takedown than it is to defend one. Therefore, getting a takedown should count more than defending one I feel. Maybe like, 3 defended equals 1 takedown kind of thing, idk. But almost every type of martial art involved with takedowns awards takedowns with points while defending takedowns do not; ie jiu jitsu, judo, wrestling, etc.

Thread Information