+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Ufc 171 official discussion thread

Full fight on youtube, search for "UFC 171 Hendricks x Lawler" by user Tinhu Alves. Thank goodness for no biased Rogan commentary lol.

After rewatching that first round, I have to recall my earlier statements, Hendricks did win the round. He was more aggressive and landed a handful of leg kicks. Robbie took too long trying to feel him out unfortunately. Regarding the 5th, Hendricks had it won even before the takedown, it was clear Robbie was starting to gas around 3 minutes in.

As was said by someone earlier, a right in the head GSP would have made either of those guys look completely ineffective last night. Based on Hendricks style, I think Woodley makes for an exciting fight and Rory makes for a very dull fight. I'd put Lombard vs Rory for the title shot after that, Matt Brown vs Shields, and Woodley vs Hendricks.

Quote Originally Posted by scallas View Post
    Full fight on youtube, search for "UFC 171 Hendricks x Lawler" by user Tinhu Alves. Thank goodness for no biased Rogan commentary lol.

After rewatching that first round, I have to recall my earlier statements, Hendricks did win the round. He was more aggressive and landed a handful of leg kicks. Robbie took too long trying to feel him out unfortunately. Regarding the 5th, Hendricks had it won even before the takedown, it was clear Robbie was starting to gas around 3 minutes in.

As was said by someone earlier, a right in the head GSP would have made either of those guys look completely ineffective last night. Based on Hendricks style, I think Woodley makes for an exciting fight and Rory makes for a very dull fight. I'd put Lombard vs Rory for the title shot after that, Matt Brown vs Shields, and Woodley vs Hendricks.
    Can't forget about the Ellenberger/Saffiedine winner. Jake is already ranked higher than some of the guys we're talking about giving title shots to.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by CapCee View Post
    Can't forget about the Ellenberger/Saffiedine winner. Jake is already ranked higher than some of the guys we're talking about giving title shots to.
    Jake lost to Rory like what a little over 6 months ago? That was his last fight so I don't see him getting a shot with a win especially since he pissed Dana off in the process and unfortunately that plays a role in the title picture. Saffiedine on the other hand I could totally see getting a shot. would love to see how Hendricks responds to those brutal leg kicks.

so what was the injury to Condit?

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    so what was the injury to Condit?
    Apparently a torn acl and meniscus.

Holy cow! As if the legend of Johny Freaking Hendricks wasn't big enough! No amount of adversity can stop this machine. Fedor who?
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information