Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Thread: Ufc 171 official discussion thread

Can anyone fill me in on why Dana left the press conference? I had to rock a piss, and totally missed it.

One of the judges, Doug Crosby, scored the second round 10-8 and the fifth round 10-10. Hmmmm, interesting....

Ugh, chewing tobacco is so freaking nasty.

Oh shit! Hector telling Hendricks he deserves a shot, based on Shield's talking that he was 4:0 in his last fights (allegedly ?), saying that now that Rory is out of the way. Followed by Hendricks asking was Rory ever is line.

I was literally.Diego Sanchez in the 3rd and 4 the rounds jumping.around.my lounge room yelling Yes!!!!!

Mmanews survival pool season 1 Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Fuckin robbery, I feel rd 1 was maybe a draw after rd 2 I figured Robbie had slight edge, Rd 3 I had Lawler rd 4 I had Lawler even with Hendricks TD rd 5 Johnny for sure but def not 10/8. I had fight 48/47 Robbie with possible SD to Robbie.
    How can YOU have a fight a split decision? Did 1/3 of you disagree with the other 2/3rds?

The term robbery is used WAY too loosely. You say you feel the first round was maybe a draw and that you thought Robbie had a slight edge after round 2. Having what you think is a draw and a slight advantage round go the other way hardly constitutes a robbery. How often do we see rounds scored as draws without point deductions? I can only think of a handful of times.

I had 1 & 2 For Johnny although I wouldn't have been flabbergasted if one of them went to Lawler. 3 & 4 Were pretty clearly Robbie and 5 Was clearly Hendrix. This fight was not even close to a robbery.
    Last edited by SwordofAres; 03-16-2014 at 02:50 AM.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Why does the UFC let fighters fuck around on their phones during a press conference? I always thought it looked really unprofessional.

Set up a Diaz Lawler rematch.
    The president cursing like a sailor and having his shirt unbuttoned like some douche about to go to a club is also unprofessional and they dont seem to care.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Well this fight showed once again the importance of getting to work early, and having the stamina to last five rounds. In the GSP fight, round 1 was the questionable round. In this fight against Lawler, Johnny made sure he won the early rounds, early investment people, it pays dividends later.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Awesome fight. I really liked the diversity in the combos that Hendricks was throwing and Robbie looked quite awesome tonight. This is the fight Robbie showed that he deserved to be in there as he nearly took the belt.

One of the other things I took away from this fight is that when GSP fought Hendricks, GSP won the contest (in terms of rounds, at least on the judges scorecards) but lost the fight (if you were looking at it as a whole). In this fight, Hendricks won the contest but Robbie won the fight in my eyes.

Johny, should Robbie ask everyone "look at both our faces and decide who won the fight"

Nonetheless, I enjoyed every moment of this fight... well except the last minute but he had to do what he had to do; the stakes were too high.

Quote Originally Posted by braddahmatt View Post
    One of the judges, Doug Crosby, scored the second round 10-8 and the fifth round 10-10. Hmmmm, interesting....
    That judge was an idiot. I don't know what he was watching. If you judge the 2nd round a 10-8 then the 3rd round should've been a 10-7. Mind you, none of them deserved anything more than a 10-9.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Can anyone fill me in on why Dana left the press conference? I had to rock a piss, and totally missed it.
    I believe it was mentioned that he had to catch a flight back to Vegas by Anik.

Thread Information