+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hendricks' statement towards GSP (spoilers).

Default Hendricks' statement towards GSP (spoilers).

Hendricks told everyone to look at GSPs face after the fight and asked who really won. Johny is a hypocrite if he feels he is deserving of the title that based on that statement alone. Hendricks knew he was in a fight and took the safe way out at the end. He dry humped Condit to victory and just held Lawler down in the final minute for the title. Too much emphasis is based on takedowns even when they do not do anything after. The takedown is perhaps the most protected move in all of mma as too many rules favor it (ex. illegal head kicks, knees to downed opponent). Leben is absolutely right in that it isn't about "fighters" anymore, it is about athletes and apparently people who know how to work the point system. The UFC lost a genuine fan tonight.

A) Fights are not scored on visual damage.

B)Hendricks was comfortably winning the last round before the takedown.

Your argument is invalid. There were 24 minutes of stand up before the takedown so I don't know what more you could want, if one takedown could turn you off of the UFC forever I'm not sure how you can describe yourself as having been a genuine fan.

Johny lost rds 1,3 and 4 but gifted yet another decision and yes he is a hypocrite if he thinks he won lol

I thought it was pretty clear that Johny won last night. I thought rounds 1,2,and 5 were decisively his. With that said, I had him beating GSP too. Is he a hypocrite for the damage to his face comment? Yeah a bit, but that doesn't change the fact that he earned the title last night.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I had it 1,2, and 5 for Hendricks. So did the judges... So did sherdog for whatever that's worth. It was a good, close fight.

If you take a man down, and can hold him there... You earned your point.

I think stuffing a takedown should count for something also...

People say dumb shit when they lose... Especially when they're disappointed because they think they should have won... And the easiest way to point that out is the damage on someone's face. "Look at him, and look at me. He's wrecked."

Fight was fuckin great I thought Lawler won 2, 3, 4. He was always landing the cleaner shots. The fight was very close tho, I just don't like the td to just lay on Lawler till the match was over.

Hendricks has very close fights when he can't get the finish. I don't see him holding the belt too long.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCC View Post
    A) Fights are not scored on visual damage.

B)Hendricks was comfortably winning the last round before the takedown.

Your argument is invalid. There were 24 minutes of stand up before the takedown so I don't know what more you could want, if one takedown could turn you off of the UFC forever I'm not sure how you can describe yourself as having been a genuine fan.
    A) When did I say that Hendricks didn't win the fight??

B) He was not comfortably winning the last round.

C) You don't even know what my real argument was.

D) What I was hoping for was for them to finish the way they were fighting 96% of the fight.

E) I can describe myself as a genuine fan. It isn't the takedown that is going to turn me off. It is the direction that the sport is going. There was a thread not too long ago about what has happened to the UFC; this is one of those things that is happening.

You are saying that I don't have a valid argument, but yet didn't even read what my argument was. I knew the second Hendricks scored the takedown and layed on Robbie that he won the fight. I am not arguing that Hendricks didn't win. My complaint was the easy way out he took at the end. My complaint is his hypocritical statement about looking at someone's face for damage after the fight. My complaint is the scoring system. Maybe you should try comprehending the point someone is trying to make before jumping to conclusions.

Hunt/Silva left it all in the cage, Bonnar/Griffin left it all in the cage. Hendricks took a cop out win, but nevertheless, he won. Good luck getting another dime from me.
    Last edited by rahdeezy; 03-16-2014 at 10:52 AM.

I understand the frustration, sometimes the UFC seems watered down, and the fighters just neutralize each other. There was a time when I would never miss a show, now I just pick and choose. Like many of you, sometimes I would just love to punch DW in the face.

Still, for every five crappy fights there are one or two great ones so I keep watching. There are some fighters that still have that warrior spirit like the old days, people like Chris Weidman, Lawler, Barao, Mighty Mouse, Cain, The Mauler, hell even Vitor to name a few.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Quote Originally Posted by rahdeezy View Post
    The UFC lost a genuine fan tonight.
    Good Bye.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I gave round 1 also to Hendricks, but he didn't do that much in the round. Thought Robbie landed cleaner shots and Hendricks stalled. He should have handed the belt over based on his statement of damage.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information