+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Carlos Condit suffered small meniscus tear and possible torn ACL

1. Default Carlos Condit suffered small meniscus tear and possible torn ACL

Carlos Condit suffered small meniscus tear and possible torn ACL
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/coach-c...ible-torn-acl/

The knee injury that brought a quick halt to Carlos Condit‘s UFC 171 fight with Tyron Woodley is a small meniscus tear and could be a torn ACL, according to his longtime coach.

Mike Winkeljohn informed MMAjunkie of Condit’s initial diagnosis via text message following their visit to an area hospital following the fight, which took place at Dallas’ American Airlines Center.

Condit will later undergo an MRI to confirm the extent of his injuries, Winkeljohn added.

The fight carried possible title implications in the welterweight division, which saw a new champ crowned with Johny Hendricks’ unanimous decision over Robbie Lawler in the pay-per-view event’s headliner.

Woodley called for a title shot immediately after his win, but UFC President Dana White said the promotion will wait to decide Hendricks’ next fight.

Woodley (13-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) got off to good start in the first round when he landed several thumping right hands at the advancing Condit (29-8 MMA, 6-4 UFC) and then used his wrestling to rack up points later in the round. Condit was having better luck in the second frame until Woodley executed a takedown that brought a notable wince.

Moments later, Woodley landed a leg kick that spun Condit around and sent him to the mat in pain as his right leg awkwardly twisted. The fight was immediately waved off at the 2:00 mark of the frame.

Condit wore a frustrated expression as he was initially seated on a stool and smoldered as he walked out of the arena with the help of his team. The loss took his recent record to 1-3 in his past four outings, which include a failed bid for the welterweight belt and subsequent stumble against Hendricks in a title eliminator.

Condit won the UFC interim welterweight title with a unanimous decision over Nick Diaz at UFC 143.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

What a crappy break for Condit, he must be crushed.

GSP will be back ruling the division before Condit even sniffs at a title shot now.

Same injury as Rashad?

So is no new news good news? because a welterweight division without the NBK I can not abide.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    So is no new news good news? because a welterweight division without the NBK I can not abide.
    I believe a partially torn miniscuc is actually worse than fully torn. FUlly torn they remove it and you go on without it and partially they sew it back together and recovery is longer. I could definitely be wrong though. I am remember this from injurires to Derek Rose and Eric Bledsoe this year.

I can't see Condit allowing the fight to be waived off for a partially torn Meniscus. Personally I am hoping for a Grade 2/3 sprain rather than a torn knee ligament (ACL/PCL/LCL), but based on his initial reaction I am fairly sure he tore something. More than likely they are waiting for the swelling to go down before they MRI it.

damn its official the acl is blown, does that regenokene stuff dana hard done on his meneire's also work on ACL injuries

he has a torn ACL - been there done that - no exactly what that pain looks like.

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

Quote Originally Posted by helipoison View Post
    I can't see Condit allowing the fight to be waived off for a partially torn Meniscus. Personally I am hoping for a Grade 2/3 sprain rather than a torn knee ligament (ACL/PCL/LCL), but based on his initial reaction I am fairly sure he tore something. More than likely they are waiting for the swelling to go down before they MRI it.
    I could see not wanting to compete on it right after the fact it does hurt a fair bit.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I believe a partially torn miniscuc is actually worse than fully torn. FUlly torn they remove it and you go on without it and partially they sew it back together and recovery is longer. I could definitely be wrong though. I am remember this from injurires to Derek Rose and Eric Bledsoe this year.
    Mine they told me they won't do anything to it til it completely tears and I have to deal with the limited range of motion it has til it does.
    Last edited by Rise; 03-20-2014 at 12:06 AM.

Rupture vs. full tear vs. partial tear. Been down all those roads. Not a good time at all.

It's funny, though, that people assumed he pussed out over a partial meniscus tear. His knee showed zero lateral stability when he fell. That's a torn or severely stretched/strained acl.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Last weekend’s UFC 171 co-main event between, Carlos Condit and Tyron Woodley, ended prematurely when Condit fell to the mat suffering from an injured knee. (Replay HERE)

Up until tonight, we had no clue what the diagnosis was, but now in a statement on UFC Tonight, it appears as if he tore the ACL.
    Here it is:

“According to Greg Jackson, Carlos Condit suffered a torn ACL and partially torn meniscus and he’ll be out for some time. Plus, Johny Hendricks has a cracked shin bone that will need several months to heal. I have a feeling the UFC will put the rest of the welterweights to work. Rory MacDonald would like to wait for a title shot. Gunner Nelson’s coach told me he’d like to fight next in Ireland, against Rory MacDonald. Rory’s manager said he’d probably not want to fight him.”

- See more at: http://www.bjpenn.com/confirmed-cond....Zw4P7q5Z.dpuf
    there you have it

Whatcha gonna do Brother, when the New World Order destroys you?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information