+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan's commentary

Default Joe Rogan's commentary

I used to be a fan of Rogan's commentary before, primarily for the raw excitement that he displays in his commentary, but honestly his favoritism (or criticism) towards certain fighters is getting ridiculous. Yesterday was a prime example. He was hanging off of Johny Hendricks' nuts pretty badly. He made it look like Johny was killing Lawler in the first 2 rounds where the rounds were much closer than the commentary suggested. Also, in rounds 3 and 4, even though he was stating that Lawler was connecting, he still gave too much credit to some of Hendricks' weak counters.

Another example [from yesterday], is his over-criticism of Lombard. I, as well as many fans and the media, thought Lombard did a good job in his fight against Shields. Sure, he did take his foot off the gas in the last round but make no mistake, he clearly dominated a very game and dangerous opponent and was never in any trouble until the last 10 seconds of the fight.

I think his worst nuthuggery in recent memory was for Ben Henderson against Josh Thomson. You would've thought that Bendo was whooping Josh's ass in the fight but majority of the people (except the judges) thought that Josh won that fight.

If you really want to judge a fight watch it with the commentary off. Rogan is good at what he does but sometimes he can be biased one way or the other. I agree with you on the main event however I thought he was spot on with Lombard. Lombard needed a spectacular win in order to silence his critics and he had the opportunity to do so with Shields, but he took his foot off the gas, coasted in the third and nearly got caught at the end. I personally think he could have finished Jake if he kept the pressure on.

Fully agree Rogan's commentary and the bias he shows with it has been getting progressively worse. I used to like listening to him because he has a pretty good grasp of the ground game and he explains what's going on well but the bias has just become to much to listen to. Also he really sick of hearing "he's hurt" when in reality the strike was other partially absorbed, missed, or deflected.

I get that they want to hype things up but the bias shouldn't exist Rogan/Goldberg aren't hired as commentators for a local team there should be no favourtism from them.

Noone's perfect. His flaws are entirely visible because of so much exposure and your's would be evident to people close to you.

Joe Rogan's commentary is far more preferable to me than any other commentators in the UFC or any other organization.

He's always been bad with favoring one fighter, in my opinion. I remember having to mute the TV during Torres vs Mighty Mouse. It's been bad for a long time. I hate muting too, cause you lose a lot more than the commentary. Thing is they're pretty much always going to be there. Too deep into the UFC, jobs are more than secure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Noone's perfect. His flaws are entirely visible because of so much exposure and your's would be evident to people close to you.
    No one is saying he can't have flaws but his job is to be a commentator and he has very obvious flaws though at doing his job which he shouldn't. And these flaws are getting worse in my view and are not isolated or limited to the occasional slip up. Any one that goes to work and does their job improperly is either made to fix their mistakes or gets fired.

I never hought I'd see the day when I would rather have Jon Anik announcing than Joe Rogan. Rogan has fan boners for fighters so badly that it ruins the commentary.

He will straight up ignore everything the he other fighter that he wants to lose does and just continually hype his guy unless he is getting brutally beat down. Then Rogan never compliments the other guy just makes excuses for his guy.

The sad thing is too many fans base their opinion of a fight solely off or Rogan's commentary therefore is Rogan disagrees with a decision it causes a lot of fans to as well just because he said it.

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew what it was about and agreed...it was getting pretty annoying last night. He acted like it was a 100 % decisive decision which I don't agree with because the first round was really close and there could have possibly been some 10-10's in there.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Could you expect more from this guy? He is doing his best with what he's given after all.

Jacket coat

Yeah.....the UFC doesn't have a good track record of having non biased or non-opinionated people in front of any mic. Case in point....Dana White. The majority of the UFC fans are parrots who quote any thing the professors tell them. Kinda like that bar scene in good will hunting...(hilarious intellectual beat down)
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information