Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joe Rogan's commentary

Still better than Anik

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Anik and Florian are as captivating as paint drying on a wall.

I think the time is right to replace Goldy and Rogan permanently.

Bas Rutten and Don Frye would make an amazing announce team for the UFC

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/09/1...rye-experience
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Did anyone else like the British duo they had for Gustaffson card? I kind of enjoyed. Hopefully they get more opportunities.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Another example [from yesterday], is his over-criticism of Lombard. I, as well as many fans and the media, thought Lombard did a good job in his fight against Shields. Sure, he did take his foot off the gas in the last round but make no mistake, he clearly dominated a very game and dangerous opponent and was never in any trouble until the last 10 seconds of the fight.
    I'm there, too. I thought Lombard fought a very good fight. He stayed composed, attacked, and minimized mistakes which Shields could capitalize on. Those foot trips/sweeps/reaps were awesome. The smooth technique illustrated the ability of his judo.

I think what might be bothering many is that most people were both expecting and wanting to see Lombard go in swinging wild heavy hands acting like Grape Ape on Shields. Lombard has slowly made me fan-enough to root for him so hopefully he can build on this fight and that fading in the 3rd can be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by braddahmatt View Post
    Honestly, I could give two donkey shits who he hypes up and plays favorites with. It doesn't affect the way I watch the fight at all. I can multi-task. Maybe that comes with being married. I can still concentrate on a football game while still hearing every word my wife is yapping at me. I like Joe Rogan and I like his commentary. I just don't take it as gospel.
    I'm with this guy here, Rogan doesn't bother me much either. Being married for a while = high tolerance for yapping.

Quote Originally Posted by rough-n-tumble View Post
    I'm there, too. I thought Lombard fought a very good fight. He stayed composed, attacked, and minimized mistakes which Shields could capitalize on. Those foot trips/sweeps/reaps were awesome. The smooth technique illustrated the ability of his judo.

I think what might be bothering many is that most people were both expecting and wanting to see Lombard go in swinging wild heavy hands acting like Grape Ape on Shields. Lombard has slowly made me fan-enough to root for him so hopefully he can build on this fight and that fading in the 3rd can be corrected.
    Yeah let's give him a break. Its his 2nd fight at 170 lbs (the first one didn't even last 2 minutes) and he was fighting an extremely dangerous opponent, arguably his most dangerous.

He gets a lot of things wrong but he also gets a lot rite.

I also hate some of his bias but i'd rather have him than some others.

That being said, give me Bas Rutten anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I think the time is right to replace Goldy and Rogan permanently.

Bas Rutten and Don Frye would make an amazing announce team for the UFC

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/09/1...rye-experience
    Or just Don Frye...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Did anyone else like the British duo they had for Gustaffson card? I kind of enjoyed. Hopefully they get more opportunities.
    To many mistakes and seemed a little less then polished.

Thread Information