Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diego Sanchez: Poor UFC 171 performance due to food poisoning from steak tartare

Default Diego Sanchez: Poor UFC 171 performance due to food poisoning from steak tartare

Diego Sanchez: Poor UFC 171 performance due to food poisoning from steak tartare

DALLAS – Diego Sanchez says he has a good – though baffling – reason for his poor performance at Saturday’s UFC 171 event.

Sanchez (24-7 MMA, 13-7 UFC), who suffered a unanimous-decision loss to fellow lightweight Myles Jury (14-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) in a pay-per-view main-card bout, said he was sapped of energy due to food poisoning.

Sanchez said he got it from a post-weigh-in meal of steak tartare, a dish made from raw beef and raw quail egg yolk. The veteran fighter said he ordered his rare choice of a pre-event meal from hotel room service.

Hahahahaha. Beaten by raw meat.

I guess Mr Righteous Christian cheated on lent by eating that steak on Friday haha.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Funniest excuse ever. Leave it to Diego.

Here's an idea- draw yourself out and cut weight like crazy. Then, to when rehydrating and taking in nutrients, eat raw steak and eggs. Yummy.

I honestly couldn't imagine a situation where I would train months and then screw with anything raw or questionable going into the fight....sushi, tartare, warm mayo, buffet food, even runny eggs. No way.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

That excuse is more embarrassing than his performance. Seriously though, Diego tried but he was beaten, easily. Jury could give many LW's some trouble.

If he wasn't gifted a win over Gomi, Diego would be 0-3 since his return to Lightweight, and he should arguably be 0-5 in his last five fights, period. You'd think he'd start to take this stuff a bit more seriously. Raw meat AND raw eggs the day before the fight is just asking for an excuse.

Diego definitely is not the brightest tool in the shed.

I'd be willing to bet that he has pulled of a fight due to injury because of cartwheels.

Almost as bad as the gummy bear excuse.

Diego is quickly becoming the Leonard Garcia of the UFC. He does not win any meaningful fights, but the UFC will keep him around because apparently it is entertaining when a fighter continually rushes head first and doesn't mind getting their face bashed repetitively.
    Last edited by popsicle; 03-17-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Thread Information