Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diego Sanchez: Poor UFC 171 performance due to food poisoning from steak tartare

Minutes after weigh-ins:

Morning of the fight:

I'm surprised Diego's excuse wasn't "It's my first day"....what a goof.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Almost as bad as the gummy bear excuse.
    I am not familiar with this reference. Please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle View Post
    Diego is quickly becoming the Leonard Garcia of the UFC. He does not win any meaningful fights, but the UFC will keep him around because apparently it is entertaining when a fighter continually rushes head first and doesn't mind getting their face bashed repetitively.
    To take it further he was gifted against Kampmann as well. Including his loss where BJ took his soul he should be on a 1-7 run right now.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

No Diego you just lost to a better and more rounded fighter. Diego striking has never evolved. He just lunges in and throws punches witch is very predictable and easy to avoid with good movement.

Quote Originally Posted by kingrobert View Post
    No Diego you just lost to a better and more rounded fighter. Diego striking has never evolved. He just lunges in and throws punches witch is very predictable and easy to avoid with good movement.
    Not only that, he looks like he is about to take a shit before every punch he throws. Just by watching his face you can see the strikes coming.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    I am not familiar with this reference. Please enlighten me.
    Chris Leben claimed gummy bears made him sick before the Brian Stann fight, and that was why he got his ass kicked so bad.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 03-18-2014 at 09:55 PM.

6. 03-18-2014, 09:54 PM

That is fucking great, thank you. Leben is definitely on the same intellectual level as Diego.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    That is fucking great, thank you. Leben is definitely on the same intellectual level as Diego.
    Must have been something in the water in that first TUF house, hell, Diego didnt even know what asparagus was!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Must have been something in the water in that first TUF house, hell, Diego didnt even know what asparagus was!
    Haha yeah and Stephan Bonnar did steroids because he didn't know he was fighting! hahahahahaha that was a pretty funny excuse as well.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Haha yeah and Stephan Bonnar did steroids because he didn't know he was fighting! hahahahahaha that was a pretty funny excuse as well.
    Meh, Bonnar was coming off some serious knee issues he was trying to rehab and said he took the steroids for that. Bonnar was not expecting to fight, Dana White publicly told him to retire, then a year later, Dana asked Bonnar to fight Silva... I believe he thought he was retired from MMA / UFC, was rehabbing his knees and was looking at taking a run at pro wrestling... Til Uncle Dana came knocking.. Ha Bonnar vs Silva makes me chuckle.

It is possible, eating something bad before exercising always throws me off. Eating raw meat or gummy berries is dumb in general, doing it before a fight....

Thread Information