Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Diaz ready for UFC return, calls out Hendricks

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Were those fights offered to Jones before the card was cancelled.
    I don't know but it is irrelevant to the point he is making. Regardless of if he turned down the fights or not they still offered to step up on less than 2 weeks notice.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    I think the most embarrassing part of this is the fact that you used a gif of kayne west as a rebuttal...
    That gif is hilarious
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I don't know but it is irrelevant to the point he is making. Regardless of if he turned down the fights or not they still offered to step up on less than 2 weeks notice.
    its actually very relevant. I can say id step up on 9 days notice too knowing the UFC wont offer me a fight against Jones. From my understanding they offered Machida the fight he turned it down, they offered shogun the fight and he turned it down, they offered chael the fight and he accepted then jones turned it down.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    its actually very relevant. I can say id step up on 9 days notice too knowing the UFC wont offer me a fight against Jones. From my understanding they offered Machida the fight he turned it down, they offered shogun the fight and he turned it down, they offered chael the fight and he accepted then jones turned it down.
    How would they know the UFC would not offer it to them especially considering they ended up offering it to Chael who had zero UFC LHW fights at the time and coming off of a loss.

Also your understanding is incorrect because Machida was number one contender and chose to relinguish that title and then decided to bitch about it after the fact. They then offered it to Shogun who is very self aware and knows Jones would destroy him again and really shouldn't have been considered but thats all there was really availible at LHW. After that Chael, Vitor and Weidman called Dana to offer to fight Dana gave the fight to Chael because he called first.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

I really love Lawler but I think that may have been his best fight on Saturday night.

He fought an awesome fight but he showed how one dimentional he really is.
    If Hendricks stuck to the clinch game it would have been a completely different fight.

Diaz wants Hendricks because he knows Hendricks don't go backwards. Those are the fights Diaz can win.

if Diaz were to get the next title shot I would officially unhook myself from Dana's balls. Its madness for the media to think in anyway that Diaz would get a fight against Hendricks. I personally would like to see an immediate rematch between Hendricks and Lawler. Rory doesn't have a win streak right now so he needs another win. Lombard needs another victory over a top 5 guy. Matt Brown should have his upcoming opponent upgraded. Woodley got on my bad side by grabbing Condit's shorts during the fight and then Celebrating the injury Condit sustained and now he's trying to pile on Joe Rogan, not cool. By the way Rogan had Matt Serra on the podcast this week its on youtube if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    if Diaz were to get the next title shot I would officially unhook myself from Dana's balls. Its madness for the media to think in anyway that Diaz would get a fight against Hendricks. I personally would like to see an immediate rematch between Hendricks and Lawler. Rory doesn't have a win streak right now so he needs another win. Lombard needs another victory over a top 5 guy. Matt Brown should have his upcoming opponent upgraded. Woodley got on my bad side by grabbing Condit's shorts during the fight and then Celebrating the injury Condit sustained and now he's trying to pile on Joe Rogan, not cool. By the way Rogan had Matt Serra on the podcast this week its on youtube if anyone is interested.
    So under Rory's win streak column, you would put a zero?

If Rory's recent loss had been to someone other than Lawler than maybe I could neglect it but then I think to myself the Maia win was impressive but the others over Ellenberger and BJ and that british guy they just didnt prepare him to fight a guy like Hendricks. To be prepared to fight a guy like Hendricks you need to impress against Lawler which Rory clearly did not

Quote Originally Posted by mmawolverine View Post
    If Rory's recent loss had been to someone other than Lawler than maybe I could neglect it but then I think to myself the Maia win was impressive but the others over Ellenberger and BJ and that british guy they just didnt prepare him to fight a guy like Hendricks. To be prepared to fight a guy like Hendricks you need to impress against Lawler which Rory clearly did not
    Did Hendricks impress against Lawler?

i thought so, very even fight. lawler is either very stubborn or his camp neglected to make a strategy that would steal a few close rounds. 5 rounds should be enough time to headhunt and attempt some takedowns or trips to open up the GnP or a choke. Hendricks showed he could go toe to toe with lawler and hold him down while injured which was alittle more than lawler did. could have been a draw easily
    Last edited by mmawolverine; 03-20-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Thread Information