Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think Hendricks gets next?

Default Who do you think Hendricks gets next?

I think I might be Rory since they had that little highlight reel set up for after the fight.

I like Rory getting the next shot. He was on a six fight win streak before losing a split decision to the guy who almost became the new champ.

Rory makes me zZzZzZzZz.....

Man it sucks Condit blew his knee out, was really hoping he would become champ now that GSP is gone.

Rory.

Would love to see Lombard against Hendricks though!

Rory or i could see the ufc picking Nick

I think it will be Rory. They'll build the storyline of GSP's young protege trying to bring the belt back to Canada.
    T Wood can fight either Lombard or Lawler for the next shot.
    This is such an interesting division. If someone can talk Nick into understanding he should beat one of these guys before fighting for the title again, it could get even more interesting.
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

I gotta go against the grain on this one...

Rory deserves a shot.
    But I'd argue that Woodley does too.

Yes... he isn't ranked.
    And yes... his Condit win was inconclusive.
    But the man stepped up.
    He has the desire to win and the belief in himself that would make for a frickin' barn burner.

I like guys like Woodley... like Condit... like Sonnen... Any one... Any place... Any time.
    It took balls to step up to face Condit.
    I'd like to see him get a shot.

That being said... Rory deserves a shot too. But I am biased. I can't STAND that kids personality. It's like a mix between overly egotistical and borderline comatose. I don't know. It definitely colours my opinion. The only reason I like watching Rory fight is because I hope to see him lose. It's Anderson Silva/Jon Jones syndrome. Extremely talented fighters who I just can NOT get behind.

So yeah... give Woodley a shot.

Or Diaz.
    I know... I know... he has NOT earned it (and he hasn't)

But you KNOW it would be one hell of a fun fight!

I'd like to see Diaz get Woodley. Woodley was dominating Condit but he was also fading. I'll never write Condit off until the final bell rings, look at what he did to Rory lol.

I can't stand Rory either but he's one talented muthafucker but that horrible performance against Maia shouldn't give him shit imo.

I'd like Rory/Lombard, Woodley/Diaz or a mixture of those to determine who gets a shot. But it will most likely be Rory for the 'protoge' storyline.

I don't think they'll invest the faith in Hendricks as a stand alone main event PPV draw quite yet, so I see them either doubling up with a major co-main(with such as a Barao or Aldo title fight as well) and giving him a starter title fight against Rory or Lombard(I don't think Woodley has developed his name enough) or I think they'll cop-out and sign the big draw who'll sell the WW title fight and that points to Nick Diaz, since he could drum up a lot of interest in a Hendricks bout.

Personally, I think Stungun's four fight win streak makes the best argument for a title shot, although he's a virtual non-sell and I believe Rory is the best available all around WW and that Robbie fight really could've gone either way, but he'd be coming in with a one-fight win streak, which is shoddy.

Lombard is explosive and pops his hips out with some crazy TDD and has two major wins, so I could see him getting a shot, especially if they want to sell the fight as a co-main with say, Aldo/Mendes II. However, Lombard's record is largely padded by crushing cans and while he's got some mystique, I don't think he's fought to the level of top tier fighters long enough to have earned the shot.

I'd be cool if they booked Henricks/Rory or Lombard with a Robbie/Diaz II co-main and having the winners meet, which would be a particular sell if GSP isn't coming back anytime soon.

Thread Information