Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think Hendricks gets next?

Tyron Woodley argues his case for a shot at Johny Hendricks after UFC 171
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/tyron-w...after-ufc-171/
    Post-UFC 171, UFC officials said they’ll decide who’s next in the coming weeks. In the meantime, White might want to turn off his cellphone. Woodley, who has won his last three bouts in the octagon, is ready to make his case. Some of his thoughts:

MacDonald: “(He) was the gatekeeper for so long, and he had an opportunity then. Now that your teammate (St-Pierre) is gone, that doesn’t give you an automatic bid in. He’s on a one-fight win streak, and his last appearances, he hasn’t looked very amazing.”

Brown: “(He’s) fought Jordan Mein, and he’s fighting Erick Silva, who’s also not in the top 10. Had he fought and beat Condit (a recently planned bout between them was scrapped), his case would be great. He’s got six wins, but it’s not (all) over top-10 guys.”

Kim: “I think he showed a lot of heart when he came back against Erick Silva, who was beating him convincingly. I think he’s in the top 10 in the world. But on pure ticket sales, pay-per-view and marketability, I think we need a global champ. I think we need someone who’s well spoken and looks the part, plays the part, fights the part, and lives the part.”

Diaz: “He hasn’t beaten anyone since 2011. I don’t think he can beat Hendricks. When is the last time Nick Diaz actually beat a wrestler? I think he’s looking to get in quick, make a fast payday.”

St-Pierre: “I think he’s the champ. I think if he comes back, Johny wants the rematch. At that point, I’ll step down and I’ll say he deserves the shot.”

If Matt Brown gets passed Erick Silva he should get the next title shot just by win's in a row., cause dudes stacked them up and beat a few guys who had been knocking on the titles door

Doesn't mention Lombard?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Tyron Woodley argues his case for a shot at Johny Hendricks after UFC 171
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/tyron-w...after-ufc-171/
    When the hell was Macdonald a gatekeeper? His loigc for Kim not getting a shot is absolutely moronic. And gee thanks Tyrone for stepping aside to let GSP fight for the belt.

Alos agree with Riv Lombard is as in it as anybody.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Woodley vs Lombard? I'd like to see that. Both have insane power.

And seem to fade as the fight goes on...so we will either get a fight that is a war in the first round and they both are spent by the end of the 2nd or one where neither engages hoping to save energy for the 3rd.

Am I wrong thinking that Woodley fades in fights? (not sure why I am thinking that).

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Woodley vs Lombard? I'd like to see that. Both have insane power.

Woodly? No way. Let him fight lombard.

Rory the Canadian psycho has my vote.

Would have loved to see conduit in there. I think he would've won that fight against Woodly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post

Would have loved to see conduit in there. I think he would've won that fight against Woodly.
    I want to believe that, but he looked pretty shocked at how hard he was getting hit, and it was taking effect. Hard to stick to a gameplan when you are getting hit that hard.

I've said before I want it to be Safeidene but I doubt that will happen. It will probably be Rory unfortunately.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    I want to believe that, but he looked pretty shocked at how hard he was getting hit, and it was taking effect. Hard to stick to a gameplan when you are getting hit that hard.
    Yes, the look on his face was fuckin priceless lol. But Condit is one bad muthafucker, he kept coming at him. I think could of taken the fight since Woodley was fading.

Since the Rory fight I can't write him off till the final bell rings.

Thread Information