Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teixeira: 'I don't worry about Jon Jones because I'm gonna knock this guy out'

Default Teixeira: 'I don't worry about Jon Jones because I'm gonna knock this guy out'

Teixeira: 'I don't worry about Jon Jones because I'm gonna knock this guy out'
    From his conversation with Inside MMA:

"I have the power to beat him. I have to believe my skills are gonna work against his skills. People always tell me, 'Oh, you need to bring this guy or that guy to [emulate] Jon Jones,' but I don't really worry about him. In my mind, he's gonna have to worry about what I'm gonna do with him. He's the champion, but I believe in my skills and I believe that on April 26 I'm gonna go [to Baltimore] and knock this guy out."

Anything can happen so we'll see but I would bet on Jones to take it home without too much danger.

History shows that Glover got hit by nearly every jab Rampage threw.

Side by side comparison of their body of fights and performances I just don't see Jones losing this fight. Glover may have the power but I'd give nearly every other attribute to Jones, e.g. range, athleticism, striking.

Toolbox-wise, Jones obviously has a deeper arsenal and the whole length advantage. But I would love to see Glover go balls to the wall gettting inside and throwing bombs.

I'd love for Glover to win, but I see Jones hitting him with every elbow he throws.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

He'll have to wade through that barrage of bony fists, elbows, and straight kicks to get to his chin. If that happens, he can hurt Jones. I just don't see it. He's been hit every time I've seen him fight and Jones is more accurate/versatile than anyone he's seen thus far.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    He'll have to wade through that barrage of bony fists, elbows, and straight kicks to get to his chin. If that happens, he can hurt Jones. I just don't see it. He's been hit every time I've seen him fight and Jones is more accurate/versatile than anyone he's seen thus far.
    Don't forget oblique kicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    History shows that Glover got hit by nearly every jab Rampage threw.
    True but he still won, and Jones has no power behind his strikes. I believe Bonnar was the only knockdown of his career and it was more of a trip than a knockdown anyway. The legality of that strike is also questionable.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 03-18-2014 at 11:53 AM.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post

True but he still won, and Jones has no power behind his strikes. I believe Bonnar was the only knockdown of his career and it was more of a trip than a knockdown anyway. The legality of that strike is also questionable.
    dropped Shogun right at the end of the title fight with a body shot, dropped Machida with a right i believe before he choked him unconscious, had rashad rocked with elbows standing - but yeah no power behind his strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    dropped Shogun right at the end of the title fight with a body shot, dropped Machida with a right i believe before he choked him unconscious, had rashad rocked with elbows standing - but yeah no power behind his strikes.
    Thatb is true I forgot about that it was with a knee to the body against the cage. Jones is clearly the least powerful striker of all the current champions and least powerful champion in LHW history. He has zero highlight reel knockouts. He actually doesn't have any knockouts from the feet.

I don't even mean to be shitting on him I'm just trying to prove that point that even if he lands a lot of shots there is still a decent chance that he is able to eat the punches and still execute his game plan.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information